TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    This week's sign of the apocalypse
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This week's sign of the apocalypse Login/Join 
posted
Pickups are driven from No. 1 sales slot

Web Posted: 06/04/2008 12:17 AM CDT

By Sean M. Wood
Express-News
The pickup's ride as the dominant vehicle on the American roads has come to an end.

For the first time in 151/2 years, a pickup is not the best-selling vehicle in the monthly industry sales report. Not one, but four cars � Toyota's Corolla and Camry and Honda's Accord and Civic � outsold the stalwart Ford-150 in the May sales report.

The last time that happened was December 1992, when the Ford Taurus topped the F-series.

�It's a sign of the times,� said George Pipas, U.S. sales analysis manager for Ford. �I was convinced and several others of us were convinced that this would be a watershed month.�

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone been checking the pushbike sales recently? We will all be riding them!

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is a pushbike?

The Lizard Man is innocent!

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JohnR, I can't resist the urge to continue on as your itinerate-research-gopher-in-part: readers, look no further.

Posts: 13 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: January 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good job, Cory.

The Lizard Man is innocent!

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
"England and America are two countries separated by a common language."

- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally prefer Cousin Avi (played by Dennis Farina) in Snatch:

"Speak English, you spawned the @#?!ing language."

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never called a bicycle a pushbike until I heard the word used repeatedly in the US!! I thought it was simply your way of distinguishing a bicycle from a motorbike. But what do I know, I'm just English! I am completely accustomed to everyone in this fine country telling me to speak the language we share, not something else.

And, Shannon, that Shaw quote is one of my favorites.

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I can say is the Harley I bought during my mid-life crisis/renegade biker phase is starting to look better and better.

Posts: 137 | Location: Corsicana, TX | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAS:
But what do I know, I'm just English!

Aside from your dizzying legal acumen, you also know that "herb" has an "h" in it.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
Aside from your dizzying legal acumen, you also know that "herb" has an "h" in it.

Which is pretty much the ONLY time the Brits pronounce letters we don't. (Well, that and "aluminium".) Let's not bring up such British wonders as Leicester and Gloucester...

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You and your grammar.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
You and your grammar.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. Wink

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
INCONCIEVABLE!

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I before E, except AFTER C.
Exit only, forthwith

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And never get in a land war in Southeast Asia.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
biscuits or cookies? When I lived in the UK I got the oddest looks when I asked for biscuits and gravy for breakfast. (Once someone brought me cookies and brown gravy). And you can forget ordering grits!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do they have magic grits?

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gretchen:
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...

You memorized the ha's.