TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    I've seen the light...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've seen the light... Login/Join 
posted
I have seen the light: As of 4/12, I will begin provision of consultation services to Harris County, essentially full-time, in the area of mental health policy and planning, especially viz. mentally impaired offenders (splitting time between the S.O. and court administration). I will continue to provide occasional forensic evaluations but elsewhere in the state, and offer articles for publication -- and still answer questions from around the state on a host of mental health matters. This forum remains one which I review every day...I will change my profile to include my county email later..

Posts: 264 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for you, Floyd, and good for us as citizens. I just hope that the decision making types with budgetary control listen to what you have to say...

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a vast difference between just putting out fires as they arise and making systemic changes. But Harris County is under much scrutiny and I will work hard both to respect the rights of those detained, as well as serve the citizenry and protect the county -- and more often than not, doing the latter benefits the former.

One idea I floated by Shannon some months ago is to solicit and edit a form list for a multiplicity of mh related matters and have them available in an on-line library...

Posts: 264 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see an updated version of Shannon's flow chart for the original version of 46C if you're gonna be in the forms business.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post