TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    DPS criminal history
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DPS criminal history Login/Join 
posted
Our office is certified to run CCH's. We also get them from our law enforcement agencies when they file a case. From time to time, a district judge will ask us to hand them a paper copy, not just let us tell them what is on it. We refuse, but can they have it? Also, if they want one because they are dealing with a civil case, like a name change, am I wrong in refusing to hand it over?

Posts: 100 | Location: Nacogdoches, Texas, USA | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are a few circumstances when I know my judge will ask for it. So, ahead of time- I prepare a list. e.g. "NOTICE OF CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS FOR BOND REDUCTION HEARING" attached*

Word DocNotice_of_Convictions_for_Purposes_of_Bond_Reduction_Hearning_-_example.docx (21 Kb, 18 downloads)

Posts: 12 | Registered: May 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But you don't actually hand over the printout from DPS?

Posts: 100 | Location: Nacogdoches, Texas, USA | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't actually hand it over.

Posts: 12 | Registered: May 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post