TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    What's wrong with using your name?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's wrong with using your name? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
greg's 1000th post.

And an appropriate commemorative gift would be a 1979 Smith and Wesson Model 39.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True. He didn't find my alter-ego, the fitness model. She's all over the 'net.

Posts: 146 | Location: Dallas, Texas USA | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 70s era 39 is just one of many items that I once had and wish I had back, including:
Same era model 59
Colt Python and matching Diamondback
'72 El Camino (mullet not included)
Fender silver face Super Reverb amp
a 32 inch waist

Posts: 60 | Location: Austin, TX US | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a pretty funny find, John. You were sort of the catalyst for people changing their names. Why did you change?

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R. W. Dickson:
The 70s era 39 is just one of many items that I once had and wish I had back, including:
Same era model 59
Colt Python and matching Diamondback
'72 El Camino (mullet not included)
Fender silver face Super Reverb amp
a 32 inch waist

Well, we have alot in common. I also had a '72 Camino and a Python. Still have a silverface Fender Musicmaster Bass amp.

Do you still play geetar?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnR:
That's a pretty funny find, John. You were sort of the catalyst for people changing their names. Why did you change?

You know why, Chicken Man.

posted Hide Post
I share a name with a Guy who has MULTIPLE UCC Filings....... No relation of course

Skeeters Fly between raindrops
I hide between that other guy's Bankruptcies!

But they still know me at HEB!

Posts: 19 | Location: Livingston, Texas | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't use my real name, mainly because no one would believe that I'm the REAL Howard Stern.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Brumley:
I don't use my real name, mainly because no one would believe that I'm the REAL Howard Stern.

Sounds like your fixing to be homeless, Howie. Bahamas is grumbling about you squatting at Anna's place

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JMH:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Brumley:

Sounds like your fixing to be homeless, Howie. Bahamas is grumbling about you squatting at Anna's place

He means the OTHER Howard Stern, the one that wears the backless chaps.

posted Hide Post
That kind of apparel is only appropriate when worn in conjunction with dancing "little people" and a miniaturized version of Stonehenge.

My other noms du plume have failed, as well. I tried "Big Daddy," but dropped it when I started getting calls about child support for kids I've never heard of. I also liked "Snake Plisken," but John Carpenter's people sent me a cease-and-desist letter. So it's back to the commonly-ridiculed moniker of the bald doofus from the Panhandle.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Snake Pliskin? I've heard of you.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scott Brumley:
That kind of apparel is only appropriate when worn in conjunction with dancing "little people" and a miniaturized version of Stonehenge.
--------------------------------------------------
Don't forget the armadillo.

Posts: 146 | Location: Dallas, Texas USA | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
". . . a fine line between stupid and clever"

A very fine line indeed.

posted Hide Post
I was shocked to learn that "Scott Brumley" is not really Scott Brumley, but Howard Stern. And I thought I was the only one on this board who used a nom-de-guerre.

You see, I'm not really "Terry Breen." My real name is Steve McGarrett.

Favorite vehicle: 1999 Ford F-250.

Favorite cigar: Lousiana "Rum Soaked" Crooks.

Favorite beer: cold.

Quote: "I need the fingerprints of every lefthanded man in Honolulu. And I need it by tomorrow."

Favorite Scotch: Dewars.

Badge No.: H.I. 5-0.

2nd quote: "Book'em, Dan-O: Murder One."

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And that must mean that H.I. 5-0 is really Detective Danny "Danno" Williams.

Unfortunately, most of the other case members of that fine television show are deceased, including my personal favorite, Kam Fong, who played Detective Chin Ho Kelly. Kam was actually a police officer with the Honolulu Police Department.

posted Hide Post
5-0 was Steve McGarrett's badge number. Sometimes he'd answer the phone and say, "McGarrett, 5-Oh." So the name of the show was Steve McGarrett's badge number.

I never watched the show enough to know all the characters. But a few years ago I watched a re-run, and was amazed at what an incredibly capable crew Steve McGarrett had. In the show I saw, Steve suddenly turned to one of his men and said, "Check all the telexes off the island to the mainland for the past 90 days. See if McGillicuddy ever told Smith about the Wahootsi Deal. Let me know tomorrow."

If I ever made a simple request like that to any of the investigators I have to work with, I can guarrantee I'd get all kinds of excuses: "Hey! Don't we need a warrant for that? And what's our probable cause?" and "whoa, Steve, this is the early 1970s, when almost all highspeed communications with the mainland are via telex. There must be 10 million telexes sent to the mainland over the past 90 days--how do you expect me to wade through all that? And you want it by tomorrow! Let's get real!"

And bla, bla, bla. I'm sure you've heard the same lame excuses from your investigators.

But not Steve's boys. When McGarrett told him to check all the telexes off the island for the past 90 days, his detective didn't even flinch. He immediately said, "right, Steve," turned on his heel, and left the room.

And sure enough, Steve's hunch hit paydirt. Because the next day this guy comes in semi-excited, and says, "Look Steve! I found this telex from 4 weeks ago from McGillicuddy to Smith, and sure enough, it's about the Wahootsi Deal! That guy was lying to us! He knew all along!"

I'm sorry to hear they are all dead. I wish they were working for me.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish my office had that ultra cool theme song with the flash montage of hula girls, pipeline waves and jets flying over at low altitude. 5,000 high school and college marching bands can't be wrong. Instead, we have "Amarillo by Morning" (a fine song, to be sure, but it ain't the "5-0" theme).

And, Terry, are you REALLY Steve McGarrett, or are you (as I suspect) actually Felix Leiter (in Dr. No, not the later embodiments of Bond's CIA counterpart)?

posted Hide Post
Well, Terry, speaking for myself, as I rarely do, except when I'm awake, I have all kinds of excuses, not just the same old lame ones that other guys use. I'll be happy to share them with you if want to assign me some chores to do. Also, maybe Steve's detectives were so eager because they got lucrative royalties and residuals and syndication and Hawaiian (sp?) food. Plus, when 40 million people are watching, it's harder to refuse to do what the boss says. No real place to hide, like I'm doing now. Uh-oh, somebody's coming, got to get out from behind this schefellerra (sp?).

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post