TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    24.04(a)(3), 24.04(c) and grand jury subpoenas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

24.04(a)(3), 24.04(c) and grand jury subpoenas Login/Join 
posted
Does an electronically served subpoena under CCP Art. 24.04(a)(3) refer to a subpoena sent by email? If so, what counts as a signature? Do I have to scan my signature onto the page? Can I designate a specific symbol to serve as my signature? Do I have to enclose the subpoena as an attachment, or can I just have it emailed? How do you comply with 24.04(c)? Does this provision allow a process server to send an email to the last known electronic address of a witness and consider the witness served? What else is necessary?

Is anybody utilizing CCP Art. 24.04(a)(3) and 24.04(c) for grand jury subpoenas?

Posts: 18 | Location: Galveston | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Markus Kypreos>
posted
Andrew,

I don't know if this will help you, but Local Government Code 191.009 talks about Electornic Filing and Recording and refers to Section 43 of the Business & Commerce Code: The Uniform Electronic Transactions Act.

Business & Commerce Code

I'm sure there are people here who have practical experience in this area, but the Code may also help answer your question.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post