TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Core Work Product & case declined
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Core Work Product & case declined Login/Join 
posted
I've filed a motion to quash the subpoena for "attorney correspondence" related to a case I declined.

The defense attorney is trying to argue that my correspondence is not "in anticipation of litigation" if it consists of my reasons for declining a case.

I can't find anything directly on point. Here are the cases I'm using so far:

Hankins v. State
In re Bexas County Criminal District Attorney
Ladd v. State
Pope v. State
State ex rel Curry v Walker
Whitaker v State
Woodruff v State

As always, your input is valued!

Posts: 95 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Under what provision was the application for subpoena requested/issued? If there was no pending criminal case/action/proceeding, then arts. 24.01 or 24.03, CCP do not apply.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The subpoena was issued in another case where the defendant was allegedly the victim.

Both were out of the same incident. The defendant made a walk-in report of assault against the victim after bonding out of jail.

I rejected the defendant's assault claim and filed the victim's.

Posts: 95 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another common ground for quashing a subpoena duces tecum is stated in Luvano v. State, 183 S.W.3d 918, 924-25 (Tex. App. 2006).

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post