TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    What's your take on Hooper v. State of Texas?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your take on Hooper v. State of Texas? Login/Join 
posted
I was appalled to see the COA overturn his conviction. I believe Hooper was just as guilty as the others by participating in the incident, and I think it sends a terrible message to would-be criminals.

Hooper undoubtedly knew his amigos had guns, had to have known there was a good chance of being confronted by the police and thus should be punished as severely as the others. (Of course, I probably wouldn't be quite as upset if I hadn't been shot at by Nicholson during the manhunt.)

Can Hooper be re-tried for Aggravated Robbery?

Posts: 23 | Registered: December 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Read the dissent. And wait for the PDR.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's a PDR?

Posts: 23 | Registered: December 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Petition for Discretionary Review. It is the document a prosecutor files, asking the higher court (Court of Criminal Appeals) to reverse the decision of the lower court. It is a very popular document for the Waco court of appeals.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"It is a very popular document for the Waco court of appeals" J.B.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aren't they filed in every DWI case decided by Waco! CJ Gray's dissents have saved many a case.

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems the CCA agreed with the Trooper in the User Forum. Read the opinion and enjoy.

Anyone want to guess how it comes out on remand?