TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Do you nap?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you nap? Login/Join 
posted
With Americans averaging fewer than seven hours of sleep per night - and around 20 percent suffering from sleepiness during the day, according to a recent Stanford University study, many companies have turned to the humble nap in an attempt to stave off billions in lost productivity each year. Following the rise of workplace perks like lactation rooms, gyms, and child-care facilities, Nike workers now have access to nap-friendly "quiet rooms" that can also be used for meditation.

[Anyone setting up nap rooms at their office?]

Details.

[This message was edited by JB on 08-30-10 at .]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now this is a project I could sleep on. I volunteer to work on this one.

Did you notice the article did not mention anything about drooling?

Posts: 172 | Location: Georgetown, Texas, USA | Registered: June 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For anyone really interested, Mednick's book is interesting reading. She makes a very good case for her "optimized nap".

Posts: 88 | Location: Rusk, Texas | Registered: January 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find that napping leads to a cycle of not being sleepy at night, so not getting a full night's sleep, so being tired the next day, so having to take a nap the next day. Result: perpetual grogginess.

It reminds me of being a poor student and always being low on gas because I always put $5 in the tank instead of saving up for a fillup.

Posts: 245 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do indeed I have a nap room that I will occasionally make use of during lunch. I call it "my house." One of the benefits of living 3 miles from the courthouse in a very small county.

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post