Find
Notify
Tools

Hard Head Login/Join 
posted
Headache mystery solved by a bullet
After fleeing ER, wife admitted to accidentally shooting husband

Updated: 11:23 a.m. CT June 27, 2007
MIAMI - A Florida man awoke with a severe headache and asked his wife to drive him to a hospital, where doctors found a bullet lodged behind his right ear, sheriff�s deputies said.

�The nurse looked at him and said, �It appears that you�ve been shot,�� the Fort Pierce Tribune quoted St. Lucie County Sheriff Ken Mascara as saying. �And he said, �No way.��

The wife, April Moylan, fled the emergency room when the bullet was discovered but later told deputies she had accidentally shot her husband as he slept early on Tuesday. She was jailed on a weapons violation charge while deputies pursued additional charges.

The husband, 45-year-old Michael Moylan, woke up with a head pain so severe he suspected he was having an aneurysm and asked his wife to take him to the emergency room, deputies said.

They arrested the wife after obtaining a search warrant and finding a gun and bloody rags in the couple�s home near the Atlantic coastal town of Port St. Lucie. The husband was hospitalized in stable condition.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess she was cleaning her gun in bed, probably in her nightie, as her husband slept. Happens all the time...I know women love the smell of Hoppe's #9 nitro powder solvent.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing this.

Now, next time my wife claims I'm faking it when I don't hear the baby crying in the middle of the night, I can point to this and say, "See, honey, men can literally get shot in the head and not wake up -- so it's not my fault, it's this damned Y chromosome!"

I'll let y'all know how that goes over.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you sure you want to be giving her any ideas?

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wrap a bullet-proof vest around your head when you go to bed.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Sparks:
Wrap a bullet-proof vest around your head when you go to bed.

I think they make a kevlar baseball cap for swat teams. Maybe you could get the TDCAA logo on it. Big Grin

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ol' Shannon's pretty hard headed--the bullet will probably bounce.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnR:
Ol' Shannon's pretty hard headed--the bullet will probably bounce.

I'm sure his wife already knows that, which will just lead her to choose a more tender spot to aim at...."Sleep through this, honey!"

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that hurts!