TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    What Offense?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Offense? Login/Join 
posted
17 year old Defendant walks into victim's home uninvited. He stands in the Kitchen and begins to masturbate. Victim (adult) sees him and hollers. Defendant flees the home. No relationship between victim or any member of the household and defendant. Act seems random. We have info that this defendant has done the same thing at other locations but do not have a good ID yet. Defendant may have also done this with a child at HighSchool but student/child victim is reluctant to come forward.

What offense do we have in the first case. Unfortunatley, all I see is Criminal Trespass of a Habitation and Public Lewdness/Indecent Exposure. I would really like to make a felony but don't see enough for Burglary of a Habitation. Am I missing something?

Posts: 233 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only thing I see missing from your analysis is the insanity defense.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do any children live in the home of the adult victim? If so, I would file as Burg/Hab with intent to commit other felony, i.e., indecency w/child (exposure). It's a felony third. If children don't live there but are regularly present (visiting adult relative, daycare, tutoring by adult victim) maybe you can make the argument in good faith, but might be a stretch.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Gilleland:
Only thing I see missing from your analysis is the insanity defense.

Yup! I'm going to try and work this into the "Flat Crazy" thread.

Posts: 233 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
please work on teaching the misguided lad where the Brazos County border is and that he should stay on the Grimes County side of the line.

Posts: 145 | Location: Bryan/College Station | Registered: April 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watch out.... acouple a Brazos Valley Transit tokens, an Aggie Cap and a contact number for Willie Sims and he can be all yours

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
You don't give many facts about your victim; sex, proximity to the D, if D said anything. Could it be burglary with intent to commit sex asault? We know it is not if you are in Waco (except for Judge Gray)

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Victim and defendant were male. Exchange of words was limited to something like " What the........ " by the victim and defendant fled. No children in the house.