TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    I'm innocent despite the evidence and my five guilty pleas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm innocent despite the evidence and my five guilty pleas Login/Join 
posted
In a refreshing change for what I normally read from death penalty defense lawyers, the following quote from one of the KFC killer's former lawyers:

"David Griffith, one of Pinkerton's trial lawyers, agreed with Jimerson that his client's conspiracy theory was difficult to believe.

"You would have to have somebody planting evidence roughly five years before DNA became useful as a forensic tool," Griffith said. That would be like somebody planting evidence of ballistics five years before guns were invented."

Romeo Pinkerton, after pleading guilty to five counts of murder and taking five life sentences a year and a half ago, now contends he is innocent and that the real killer is out there somewhere.

See the story here: hope springs eternal

Good job in locking up this killer, Lisa and Laura and your team.

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 04-18-09 at .]

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Greg.
I got home from vacation (re. a previous thread - no thievery or lawlessness in Belize, I'm pleased to report) to find that Romeo had again reared his head. Sheesh

As I argued to the jury, if the cops were gonna plant anybody's blood at the scene, don't you think it would have been the guy's blood who they chased around for 20 years? Especially considering the fact that, unlike this defendant, they happened to have buckets of that guy's blood in evidence..... Sheesh.

Posts: 280 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post