TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Criminal Trespass Problems
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Criminal Trespass Problems Login/Join 
posted
I have a couple of people who are habitual criminal trespassers at a local car wash. They are harassing the businesses customers by asking for money and offering to wash the cars for a fee. They've been getting charged with Criminal Trespass pretty consistently. I've been ramping up my plea offers 20-30 days with each subsequent offense.

They have recently begun getting aggressive with the local PD during arrests and resisting arrest chargers are coming. I need to do something is going to get these individuals attention and get them to stop trespassing at this car wash. Does anybody have any suggestions? I would love to find a way to charge these guys with a felony, but there is no way to enhance criminal trespasses that I am aware of. My gameplan right now is to offer the max on the resisting charges and proceed to jury trial with the hope that our juries will back me up after hearing about all the Defendant's priors.

Posts: 63 | Location: Henderson, Texas, United States | Registered: December 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It sounds like there is a need for an enhancement based on prior conviction(s) for criminal trespass at the same location.

Janette A

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could you stack sentences, or are the new offenses committed once they are finished serving other sentences? Is there enough for harassment charges as well? Would civil remedies be available (e.g., restraining order, damages for tortious interference with prospective contract, etc.)?

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Consider CCP 7A.

Posts: 341 | Location: Tarrant County, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try one of the cases and convince a jury to max them out. It is time consuming and expensive, but it will make your point.

Posts: 9 | Location: Fort Davis, Texas, USA | Registered: October 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Experience has taught us that serial C/T offenders may be dealing with mental health issues. You may want to examine that aspect, as it's possible that treatment may be a useful tool in trying to break the cycle.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, when did we get sentencing guidelines in state court? I missed that update.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post