TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Stalking
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stalking Login/Join 
posted
I'm fixin' to (what a great word, "fixin'") indict my first stalking case. I would like to hear any war stories/advice/strategies/etc. from those of you who have already crossed this bridge. Thanks.

Posts: 33 | Registered: July 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since the legislature rewrote the stalking law, I have never personally seen a case where I thought we could make a righteous stalking case. They're usually better Terroristic Threat, Harassment, or Violation of Protective Order cases. And they usually involve a messy divorce/breakup and a high maintenance complainant. I had a woman who claimed her ex was "stalking" her by sending her over 200 e-mails. The problem was that she was e-mailing him back all 200 times, plus going to visit him and have sex with him.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm curious too about anyone's experiences with Stalking cases. I have three cases out here in the country and I'm interested in hearing any words of wisdom from the veterans out there.
One of my cases involves a person that stalked her ex-husband for over 6 months, following him in her car all over town and sitting in her car in his driveway.
Is it possible to break with form and just charge "on and between March 1, 2002, and September 30, 2002," or should I list out a couple of events like the form book says? I have 15 different occasions, but they are pretty much the same old story each time.

Posts: 6 | Location: Crockett, Texas | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call Richard Price in our office. He has prosecuted 1 case before the legislative change and two after the change. Our number is 979-361-4300. Peter Keim in the Brazos County DA's office is trying a case in the next few months. Their number is 979-361-4320

Posts: 25 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: July 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Jay Granberry tried a felony stalking case a week ago or so; he can be reached at (979)361-4321.

Posts: 55 | Location: College Station, TX, USA | Registered: January 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post