TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Interference with Child Custody
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interference with Child Custody Login/Join 
posted
Under TFC 23.03, does a non-custodial parent break the law if he or she does not show up to the agreed drop-off location with the child, but had informed the custodial parent of this ahead of time, and the child is available for pick-up at the non-custodial parent’s (grandparent) home.

Posts: 27 | Registered: April 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you mean TPC 25.03

Posts: 169 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I meant TPC 25.03.

posted Hide Post
You may be describing a defense under subsection (c-1)(2). Your facts seem to describe a violation of the statute, but would a jury agree to find the violator guilty of a state jail felony? Without a pattern of violations, it may be a hard sell. This crime is committed most every weekend in every jurisdiction, but judiciously chosen for prosecution. To me, contempt of court sounds like a better solution to the problem you describe. TFC 157.001(b); or 42.006, 153.011.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I was thinking something other than criminal prosecution. Especially, if the defendant has no pattern of interfering with a child custody order. Thank you for the input.