TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Prosecutors, too?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prosecutors, too? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
clearasil will clean that right up.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a tattoo on my upper left arm. It's way up on my deltoid, so it doesn't even peek out when I wear a short-sleeve shirt. I hear it's slightly visible through some of my thinner shirts, but I always wear a coat in the courtroom, so it's normally well covered.

Posts: 41 | Location: 47th District | Registered: June 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prosecutor X, JB's question still stands. There HAS to be a story there. (Or six.)

Come on, not everyone's chimed in. I know of at least 3 others with tattoos that haven't fessed up. One got his at Baby prosecutor school back in '02. (That was the night I earned a free hat from the Schmirnoff Promo Girls. - I still have that hat somewhere.)

David: that may be a job for acutane.. and.. "Hey Bartender, Jobu needs a refill!"

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish I had great stories for my tats....but I just like 'em. My ankle tat is a lizard, I also have a snake, a flower, a sun and a moon on my back that I'm planning to cover up with with something else, two other lizards (one tat-I have a thing for reptiles) and the phrase "e pur si mouve". There! I've done it and outted myself as a total weirdo (on the inside) so all you lurkers SPEAK UP.

Posts: 51 | Location: Galveston, Texas USA | Registered: September 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Knowing several of your prosecutors, John, as well as the demographics of your county, I'm thinking that displayed tattoos are not really a potential problem for you guys . . . unless, of course, Jana has started wearing more revealing trial suits! Wink

Tarrant county has more than one misdemeanor attorney with exposed tattoos -- all on the ankle.

One off-topic observation -- the first several posts are from Sunday . . . guys, it's spring outside!!!

Posts: 62 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a half-naked woman tat on my hip with her name just below..."MOM".

Posts: 73 | Location: Richmond, TX | Registered: January 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay then.. I have 2 - A flaming heart I got on my lower back when I was was a freshman at UT Austin and a double-bladed battle-axe with Celtic inlays that I got on my upper back when I worked at the El Paso DA's Office. I'm working on the design for my third tattoo now, but don't tell Rolater (I'm in Dallas now).

None of them show (or will show) as long as I wear a collared shirt or a jacket - I don't think they should ever show in the courtroom. The first one I got because I was 19 and I wanted it, so no real story behind it - only the story of the day I got it. I can't really tell the story for the other one on this forum - the boss reads it. Sorry.

Tattoos are fun. They're just a tad permanent - one reason why so many people prefer piercings.

Posts: 6 | Location: Dallas County | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The tattoo on my ankle is a hand designed iris. No real story except that I really like irises. I will agree that I suppose it probably has been seen by jurors, but I have never had anyone comment to me either directly or indirectly about it.

Posts: 3 | Location: Amarillo, TX, USA | Registered: September 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It'll all be our little secret, us and the lurkers on this board.

quote:
Originally posted by MDickson:
Okay then.. I have 2 - A flaming heart I got on my lower back when I was was a freshman at UT Austin and a double-bladed battle-axe with Celtic inlays that I got on my upper back when I worked at the El Paso DA's Office. I'm working on the design for my third tattoo now, but don't tell Rolater (I'm in Dallas now).

None of them show (or will show) as long as I wear a collared shirt or a jacket - I don't think they should ever show in the courtroom. The first one I got because I was 19 and I wanted it, so no real story behind it - only the story of the day I got it. I can't really tell the story for the other one on this forum - the boss reads it. Sorry.

Tattoos are fun. They're just a tad permanent - one reason why so many people prefer piercings.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few years earlier, Galileo had been forced by the Church to recant his heresy of the Earth moving round the Sun. He is alleged to have murmured sotto voce "E pur si mouve" (never the less it does move), at the time.

quote:
Originally posted by xochitl:
I wish I had great stories for my tats....but I just like 'em. My ankle tat is a lizard, I also have a snake, a flower, a sun and a moon on my back that I'm planning to cover up with with something else, two other lizards (one tat-I have a thing for reptiles) and the phrase "e pur si mouve". There! I've done it and outted myself as a total weirdo (on the inside) so all you lurkers SPEAK UP.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg, you got it. I often chant that to myself in the face of insane trials, crazy rulings, etc.

Posts: 51 | Location: Galveston, Texas USA | Registered: September 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two, one on each arm, shortsleeves cover um. On the left the scales of justice mounted on a sword, got it 3 months after leaving prosecution to train judges. It was a statement to me about who I really am. Right arm, a parrot (yes I am a parrothead). My wife and I got matching tatoos on our 25th wedding anniversary.

They certainly do not need to be shown in court, but then there are more things than tatoos in that category.

No I don't have pictures, but buy me a drink sometime and I'll roll up my sleeves.

Posts: 293 | Location: Austin, TX, US | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clay A.:
I have two, one on each arm, shortsleeves cover um. On the left the scales of justice mounted on a sword, got it 3 months after leaving prosecution to train judges. It was a statement to me about who I really am. Right arm, a parrot (yes I am a parrothead). My wife and I got matching tatoos on our 25th wedding anniversary.

So does the better half have the scales of justice or the buffett tribute?

posted Hide Post
I just finished a trial yesterday, and the judge allows the jurors to *request* to speak to the attorneys after the verdict. They requested to see me, and the first words out of the foreman's mouth . . . "We're all dying to know what your tattoos are!" At the size of a quarter each, they must have been looking pretty closely.

Posts: 17 | Location: Conroe, Texas | Registered: April 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago, a friend told me that he had gotten a tattoo on his right "hip" - but he wouldn't tell me what it was, and I certainly didn't push the issue. Months later I introduced him to Lori. Later that evening he asked Lori, "Would you believe that I have your name tattoo'd on my hip?" She didn't believe it, the wager was five dollars, so he (right there in public) showed her his art work. About two inches below his belt line, in highly artistic cursive, was "Your Name".

Posts: 60 | Location: Austin, TX US | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i had a friend who did the same routine, except his tattoo was of thumper (yes, the rabbit from Bambi) and would ask girls if they wanted to see his thumper. i often imagined him using the same routine as a seventy-three-year-old man to a similar, though more animated (excuse the pun) response from unsuspecting young co-eds.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where is Jane on this thread? She prosecuted a defendant who took the "Your Name" tattoo to another level. Perhaps she will share it.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall that one of the Jasper defendants also had some creative tattoos in the nether regions that played on that same theme.

Posts: 280 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Army relaxes tattoo rules to attract recruits
March 30, 2006

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Army, which missed its recruiting goal last year, has relaxed its policy banning certain types of tattoos in a bid to attract new soldiers who otherwise would have been barred from serving.

The Army will now allow new recruits and all its current soldiers to have tattoos on their hands and back of their necks as long as they are not "extremist, indecent, sexist or racist," Army officials said on Wednesday.

The Army said it continues to prohibit tattoos anywhere on the head, face or throat area.

But it will allow women recruits and soldiers to sport "permanent makeup" in the form of indelible eye-liner, eyebrows and lip makeup. The Army said this permanent makeup "should be conservative and complement the uniform and complexion in both style and color, and will not be trendy."

Officials said the policy change was made because the Army understands that the number of young men and women with tattoos or permanent makeup has grown in recent years.

"The Army is America. We are America's sons and daughters. America's sons and daughters are getting tattoos. That means that American soldiers are getting tattoos," said Lt. Col. Bryan Hilferty, an Army spokesman at the Pentagon.

"The Army is continuing to update our personnel policies. We have people who are otherwise qualified who want to serve and who have answered the call to duty," Hilferty added, and it made no sense to continue to bar them from serving.

"Clearly, if you have a sexist, a racist or a gang tattoo, you are unfit for duty -- you have been and you continue to be," Hilferty said.

The Army cited a 2003 survey of 1,010 people conducted at the Scripps Survey Research Center at Ohio University that found that roughly 30 percent of U.S. adults under age 35 have tattoos, and that the U.S. post-baby boom generations are more than three times as likely as the baby boom generation to have tattoos.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of tattos, the best (or worst) defendant tattoo ever is this guy's - the photo doesn't do him justice. but on his eye lids he has tattooed "F____ you now" on one and "F___ you forever" on the other so that during his funeral, that's what you would see when you came up to the casket.

Posts: 1 | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post