TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Brady Experiences
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brady Experiences Login/Join 
posted
In a recent staff meeting that followed the Corpus Christi TDCAA seminar, the topic of Brady came up. Several members of our staff expressed concerns and experiences that law enforcement was not turning over everything to us when they brought a case in or when they found something new later. I was given the assignment to put together a mini-course on Brady that we can present to our local officers in order to help them understand the traps our cases can hit if an officer does not provide us with everything that the officers learn during their investigation. While I have found State Bar articles as well as a number of case opinions dealing with Brady from various circumstances I would like to be able to discuss real life "horror" stories that other prosecutors have faced either while preparing for trial, or handling an appeal where it was discovered an officer forgot to turn something over until after the verdict, etc. Would anyone care to share?

Posts: 109 | Location: Llano, TX USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sent you an email

Posts: 280 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post