TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Max Courtney Defense Expert?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Max Courtney Defense Expert? Login/Join 
posted
We have a DWI breath test coming up in which the defense has called Max Courtney. I understand that Max was the technical supervisor in Tarrant County for many years. Does anyone have a transcript for him testifying for the State? In Richard Alperts DWI book there is an excerpt of a paper by Max. Does anyone have the entire paper? Also-please let me know if you have had Max testifying on the defense side and if so, are there transcipts of that? Thank you!
kason@johnsoncountytx.org

Posts: 1 | Location: Cleburne, TX | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suggest calling Richard in Tarrant County--they have a web site. If you can't reach him, try Tanya Dohoney who works with Richard.

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We used Max over in Parker County for years, until the lab certification by DPS became an issue. I'm sure Richard & company have given you some help by now, but the one thing about Max is that he's a straight shooter and doesn't skew his testimony for the prosecution or the defense. In my experience with him as a prosecution witness, you had to ask him the right question the right way to get the answer you were looking for. He's not one of those experts that you can throw a question that's sort of related to what you want and he'll go outside the actual answer to get you something good for your case. He's very factually based, which is frankly pretty rare these days. Also, I would call him and talk to him about his testimony if you have enough time. Depending on how he's been designated by the defense he'll probably tell you where he'll be coming from. Good luck.

Posts: 35 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: March 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post