TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Jury Questionaires
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jury Questionaires Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone got experience with jury questionnaires and are willing to share?

Posts: 128 | Location: TX | Registered: March 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used a number of them in a variety of cases. I've found that questionnaires tend to be most helpful when you have an issue that you might be concerned about getting candid answers in front of a group, like issues relating to race, or those where answering in front of the whole panel would be problematic, like pretrial publicity questions.

I'd try to keep it as short as possible, since you will have a limited time to review them, and the clerk will have to make copies before you can even start.

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those who have tried death penalty cases often, if not usually, employ them.

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We typically use them in murder trials in Grimes County. I have found them to be extremely useful in those type of cases in selecting a jury. I have not used them in any other type case. I have an injury to a child case coming up where child has significant brain injury, I am contemplating asking the judge if we may use one.

I do not see a downside other than it takes two days for jury selection.

Posts: 50 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are trying a non death penalty capital case where the victim was a very small child. Any questionnaires you have done and would be willing to share will be appreciated.

Posts: 128 | Location: TX | Registered: March 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post