TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    marijuana in a correctional facility
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

marijuana in a correctional facility Login/Join 
posted
I mistakenly posted this is appellate...no idea how I did that.

Anyway, 38.11 says controlled substance or dangerous drug possession in a correctional facility is a 3rd degree felony. No mention of marijuana?

Is the only option contraband, which is 38.111 and is only a misdemeanor? I'm surprised there isn't a felony offense for that, so I'm thinking I must be missing something.

Posts: 526 | Location: Del Rio, Texas | Registered: April 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry. Prisons are secure facilities and there is no way marihuana could find its way into a prison. Maybe its oregano? Roll Eyes

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone probably smuggled it in inside a cell phone.

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THE DEFINITION OF "CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE" IN THE PENAL CODE (SEE SEC. 1.07 OF THE PENAL CODE) REFERS YOU TO THE DEFINITION IN THE HEALTH & SAFETY CODE SEC. 481.002. 481.002(5) SAYS THAT A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE IS ANY SUBSTANCE LISTED IN SCHEDULES 1 THROUGH 5 OR PENALTY GROUPS 1, 1A, AND 2 THROUGH 4 OF THE HSC. THE 2009 SCHEDULE OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES (SEE Http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/dmd/control_subst_sched.shtm) LISTS MARIJUANA AS A SCHEDULE I DRUG. THAT SHOULD PUT MJ AS A "CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE" FOR PURPOSES OF 38.11 IN THE PENAL CODE.

Posts: 8 | Location: GRAYSON COUNTY, TEXAS | Registered: March 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There goes Karla shouting again. Wink

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JOHN, I JUST DON'T WANT TO BE IGNORED.........

Posts: 8 | Location: GRAYSON COUNTY, TEXAS | Registered: March 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks very much

Posts: 526 | Location: Del Rio, Texas | Registered: April 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post