TDCAA Community
False Rape accusation

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/7623038307

March 07, 2003, 15:26
Kris74
False Rape accusation
A family member of mine was sentenced to life in a Texas prison for accusations of rape. I have gone over all the paperwork I could get my hands on dealing with his sentencing and court documents. In these documents, the womans story changes in every chance she had to tell the story. Also, the evidence was not submitted into court for some reason. She was taken to a clinic by officers after the report was taken, and checked out. Supposedly there were samples or what some would call a rape kit taken, but never entered the court room. There is ample proof that this woman has lied and somehow he was still convicted. It mostly relied on the fact that she was bruised, but it also states that earlier that day (day of the supposed rape) she was in a car wreck also. I need to know from anyone if there is anything I can do to have this looked into. He was convicted in 1990 and is still in there. I cant take it anymore, I feel there has to be something I can do to help him. Our family is all trying, but dont know where to start. I got my start by getting all I can on his case. Theres more, but I am in IL and he is in TX. Any one want to give me some pointers or help in any way I would greatly appreciate it.
March 10, 2003, 08:59
Shannon Edmonds
Mr. Bradley ... paging Mr. John Bradley ...
March 10, 2003, 11:46
jws
Sorry, but this forum does not and cannot provide legal advice for criminal defendants or their families. This forum is strictly for prosecutors to discuss various issues. I'm sure your relative had legal representation when he was found guilty. That would be the place to start, not here.
March 13, 2003, 10:44
Tim Cole
Jane is correct. This forum should not be used to provide advice on how to attack one of our own member's cases. However, I am sure that any competent criminal defense attorney in Texas can answer your question. It has a fairly simple answer, assuming the information in your post was correct. Call a defense attorney.