TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Highway robbery? Texas police seize black motorists' cash, cars
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Highway robbery? Texas police seize black motorists' cash, cars Login/Join 
posted
TENAHA, Texas� You can drive into this dusty fleck of a town near the Texas-Louisiana border if you're African-American, but you might not be able to drive out of it�at least not with your car, your cash, your jewelry or other valuables.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-texas-profiling_wittmar10,0,6051682.story

Posts: 4 | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If we seize money, cars, or anything else, you can rest assured we're filing charges as well.

In some cases, such as a motorist having an EXTREMELY large amount of currency, that currency can be seized under specific guidelines. If they can provide proof of proper possession, they get it back.

Posts: 34 | Location: Matagorda County, TX, USA | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did find the part funny about Hispanics feeling singled out along the border in south Texas.

Posts: 34 | Location: Matagorda County, TX, USA | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no info about this situation, but it strikes me odd that the Chicago paper has to come all the way to Texas to write about corruption. Seems they could fill that section of their paper without leaving town.

Posts: 137 | Location: Corsicana, TX | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's see winter in Chicago, winter in ETexas.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnW:
I have no info about this situation, but it strikes me odd that the Chicago paper has to come all the way to Texas to write about corruption. Seems they could fill that section of their paper without leaving town.

If you want to sell papers, people are always more eager to read about how much worse it is somewhere else, right? You can't raise your circulation if you scare your subscribers out of town

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnW:

+1

That is so true.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post