TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Beat Jamie Balagia?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beat Jamie Balagia? Login/Join 
posted
Hello all.

This thread is a follow up to one I posted a while back about an upcoming trial w/ the DWI dude. The trial still hasn't gone yet. Now I have two coming up w/ him.

I'm looking for a copy of the Voir dire & trial transcript on the cheap. My elected recommended that I find a case in which he lost & the DF appealed b/c the record could be copied for free in that case. Does anyone have such a case or know anyone who does?

If not, I may have to stomach the costs personally, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Posts: 23 | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We just finished a jury trial against Balagia. Started off interesting. Defendant surprised everyone by pleading "no contest" in front of the jury. After much legal advice, that was changed to not guilty.

Following the scene video and a breath test result, guilty verdict after 30 minutes.

Give Jane Starnes a call. She beat the DWI Dude.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R.Callahan:
If not, I may have to stomach the costs personally, so any help is greatly appreciated.

They will sure help you out if they can in Williamson County DA's office, but I'm curious about you having to pay personally for transcripts. Everywhere I have worked, the office pays for the transcript.

Probably some ACA's in Travis County could fill you in on his VD and his trial tactics. I see Jamie quite often, and I didn't know he was "The DWI Dude".

From where does the "DWI DUDE" name come from?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, it was a 15 minute verdict. But I think the DWI Dude is different when he actually has something to work with. He didn't have much to work with in my case.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I see Jamie quite often, and I didn't know he was "The DWI Dude".
From where does the "DWI DUDE" name come from?

You've obviously never seen his car, or numerous taxicabs driving around Austin with his ad on the side, for that matter.

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That guy has sweet hair. Buffalo Bill and Ted Nugent are jealous. I think David and I should get some nice frosted extentions too.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the dude abides.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I had to admit my "victories page" was still "under construction", I think I would just eliminate the page until I had something different to report.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will agree to get some frosted extensions when JB does.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to need plugs more than extensions.

posted Hide Post
frosted plugs?

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer highlights.

posted Hide Post
Wow!

Lots of assistance. Thanks! I'll look into this...um, the trials that is...not the highlights.

Posts: 23 | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Martin Peterson:
If I had to admit my "victories page" was still "under construction", I think I would just eliminate the page until I had something different to report.

Pretty dang funny!

And add me to the plug list, I'm years past extensions unless I wanted to go for the David Lee Roth look, which the half bald-half mullet look doesn't do much for me.

Maybe JB could get some bright red or purple highlights...

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post