TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    What I got for Xmas
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What I got for Xmas Login/Join 
posted
12-points; 205 pounds; B & C score: 162 5/8; killed in Starr County in deep South Texas

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over on the A Frog is a Deadly Weapon Thread, I need to add: Ken Sparks. Nice picture.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where in Starr County? Rather, at which ranch?

Posts: 17 | Location: Rio Grande City, TX, U.S. | Registered: November 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Las Islas Ranch near La Gloria.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
Looks like a good present to me!

I only got a little 8 point at Thanksgiving. Can't hunt anymore this year due to emergency surgery 2 weeks ago. Being homebound during hunting season stinks!

Great photo. Are you getting it mounted?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am just going to do a skull mount so I can hang it in the office.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I love the hat. Do you label all your apparel like that? Wink

(click on the image for a larger version, if you don't know what I'm talking about)

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice buck, Ken. I know my boss would say the same.

By the way, just got back from a sojourn in Alpine, where part of the local deer population hits the streets at sundown. We stopped counting at sixty deer in one spot.

If I can figure out how to post some cell phone pics, I have some interesting pics of the numerous deer, many tagged, that roam the neighborhood and golf course adjacent to the Alpine Country Club at sundown.

By the way, where can I get me one of those "Ken's Hats"? A.P. wanted me to ask.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shannon, I have 10 family members who hang out at the deer lease. We were always getting our caps mixed up. I solved the problem by buying 10 caps and getting them embroidered with each person's name, including my own.

After you have had a few drinks, it also helps you remember your name.

posted Hide Post
quote:
After you have had a few drinks, it also helps you remember your name.

Until you switch caps with your sister. Then you're just confused. Wink

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gretch, I'm afraid to ask a follow-up! Eek

{When they're drinking,
At the Deer Lease)
They never even call me by my name.
They steal my hat, it ain't no game.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's your name, little girl, what's your ... oh, I'm sorry. It's embroidered on your cap. Big Grin

Nice deer, Ken. I'm sure Corky would have some snide remark for you, but I'll leave that to him.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it would make a dandy speaker gift, each cap embroidered to read "Ken's Cap."

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
here's what I got for Christmas:

(image removed from website)

[This message was edited by Shannon Edmonds on 01-07-08 at .]

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, congratulations Shannon!!!!

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Did you also get a cap?

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think a demand should be made to supply the forum regulars here with a "Ken's Cap". Also, AP and the Lesser Includeds would like 7 caps please for our next performance. David Newell is our musical advisor so actually make that 8 caps Ken.

posted Hide Post
Shannon, nice picture and good looking kids. Were they working up a "Where's Waldo?" routine when you took the photo?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Who knew that when you go shopping at Costco, you have to buy clothing in bulk as well? You should see the one that we made the dog wear. Wink

posted Hide Post
An awesome present!!

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post