TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    DWI Surcharge - What's the latest?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DWI Surcharge - What's the latest? Login/Join 
posted
I haven't seen much on this lately. What did they finally decide? Is it going to be enforced on offenses that occurred before 9/1/03 or not? Last I heard, the legislature considered making it apply only to offenses that occurred post 9/1/03, and/or that DPS was planning to only collect on offenses occurring post 9/1/03. I called DPS today, & the lady said the program had not been implemented yet. She was not sure whether the surcharge would apply to pre-9/1/03 offenses or not.

Anybody know what the deal is?

Posts: 9 | Location: Orange, Tx | Registered: April 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Click on the "Legislative" button on the upper right part of this webpage for a summary of the final changes made during the third special session ...

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I knew I had read that, but did not know if the Governor signed it, and when it took effect.

Thanks for the info.

Posts: 9 | Location: Orange, Tx | Registered: April 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In addition, if you go under the PUBLICATIONS section of the User Forums, Diane Beckham has supplements to the CCP, Transportation Code, and PC that can be downloaded and printed.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post