TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Random Question of the Week
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random Question of the Week Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
Has anyone ever prosecuted a crime under Business & Commerce Code Chapter 17, Subchapter C?

What, you mean you don't know that citation off the top of your head? Well then, I'll help you out:

DTPA - "REGULATING THE SALE OR TRANSFER OF SECONDHAND WATCHES"

If you can think of a reason why this law needs to remain on the books, then speak now (through an email to me) or forever hold your peace.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm supposed to be participating in a roundtable in Boston in March on arcane laws that are either unenforceable because they're unconstitutional, or just simply never get enforced, but they are still on the books. That sounds like an interesting topic. I think I am actually already assigned the Texas flag-burning statute though. Any input (I've seen the other thread - how do you think I got the idea?) would be appreciated.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suspect it is to deter the sale of an Onega or Roleks.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, who hasn't had to deal with a rogue watch salesman at one time or another? They're dangerous!

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
whoops...tried to post picture but didn't work!

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's what I was going for Robert!

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post