Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TDCAA dominos Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
AP, you sure are trying to sweeten the pot. I don't care about the coffee stains and the leftover lunch can be scraped off, but does that mouse pad just happen to have an autograph or photo of the legendary former driver, Bobby Labonte?????

Posts: 62 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tres bon, Stacey! Matter of fact, that hot sauce might be part of what's left on the mouse pad...let me taste it, hold on. Nope, it's not hot sauce.

Marletta, sorry, but there's not an autograph, only the leftovers and a nick out of the corner where I was testing the sharpness of my fingernail clippers during an important pre-trial phone call with a defendant and his family and his lawyer and their hairdresser and bingo caller and bait-house operator.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and playing the banjo while watching the noodling superfest on the Outdoor channel !

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha! I know you're making that up...I don't get the Outdoor Channel. Bamboozler.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I should have said while FILMING the noodling superfest for the Outdoor channel !

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Silly me. I always though Domino was a song by Van Morrison or a character in a James Bond movie. So since I got those Deep East Texas roots, does it mean I am culturally deprived since I don't know how to play dominos? Hep Me, AP...

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread has quickly, over a long period of time, moved into the realm of the other subject of "ethics question" which clearly takes me out of the subject. Or it might possibly be more appropriate for "A frog is a deadly weapon" -- but Greg, I will tell you this (just between us, since we're IN THE BAND): you put the dominoes in front of you, with the dots facing you, not the other folks in the game. But, if they happen to turn toward your partner, then ce la vie as they say in Mandeville.

Now, reminiscent of Dan Quayle, I'm not sure if "dominoes" is proper, unless of course we're looking up pizza places in the phone book. "Dominos" doesn't look right, but of course neither do dominoes that have been drawn on by a Magic Marker or a Sharpie. Can I help with anything else? The boss thinks I'm getting ready for trial, but I'm here for you, man. By the way, I'm only saying "Greg" to throw off the general public and lurkers, not trying to expose your real identity, Mr. Drummer from Bastrop.

posted Hide Post
As the proud owner of a set of TDCAA domino(e)s that were appropriated after a speaking engagement at which audience satisfaction was not a factor in determining eligibility for a speaker prize, and that are not for sale, I can tell you, Greg, that playing domino(e)s is much easier when you can add spots with a Sharpie as A.P. indicates. But the answer is, no, you are not culturally deprived. You are simply a mark. Which also is a bid in 42. See. You learn something new every day.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Despite all who posted to point out that they did have the above described domino(e)s but were not willing to part with them, I received a set in the mail today. Since the person that sent them did not post and may wish to remain anonymous, all I can say is many many THANK YOUS !!!!

posted Hide Post
So, will you be using them to challenge the WC DA's office to a tournament, where the winner gets to keep the new domino(e)s?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NO WAY !

Its not that I'm not confident about my playing, its that I'm more confident in yours Smile

posted Hide Post
Amusing posting. Stacy touts her domino skill (a misdirected belief that her Beaumont genes will help her in the game). AP Merillat flirts with Stacy, although I bet he has never seen her in a short skirt since he only mentioned her eyes. Greg, a hardcore rock n' roll freak talks about canoodling or whatever. Finally, John Bradley wishes to challenge Stacy. Please forgive me, but everybody knows that dominoes is a true tobacco-spitting, beer swigging game played by men (whose name must contain Bubba in it)in dirty t-shirts in bars that haven't ever been swept and that an an old deaf,ex-hippie UT graduate like me would never stand a chance of winning. However,Stacy,if I can bring Jim McAlister, I can't lose.

Posts: 62 | Location: Richmond, Texas, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that fred, he make me laugh.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And he makes me wonder what's wrong with having pretty eyes.

posted Hide Post
Now Fred you know the real reason you love me is I'm the only woman who talks loud enough for you to hear !

Give McAlister the Fed (AKA Bubba) a few beers and I'll be glad to play against you two, but only if Newell will be my partner.

posted Hide Post
Dang, all these years of 42, dominoes and Moon I knew about the beer swiggin' but I never knew I was supposed to be spittin' tobacco!

Posts: 62 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
that fred, he make me laugh.

Indeed. So of course, if Fred can lure Bubba out of semi-retirement, I think I know a band to provide a soundtrack to your domino tourney. And how about having Rocket as a ref to judge the event or to be the play by play announcer?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.P. Merillat:
And he makes me wonder what's wrong with having pretty eyes.

I'll explain it to you next time we see each other, A.P. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
This caused me to try to come up with a list of all the speaker gifts TDCAA has given over the last two decades: I recall:

Beer Mugs
Coffee Mugs
Dominoes
Golf Balls
Vinyl Lunch Bags
Playing cards
Vinyl Clothing Bags (the worst gift ever)
Pocket Knifes (not airport appropriate)
umbrellas (debut at the Annual the Hurricane ended early)
Poker Chips w/case (new)
Thumb drive (new)

What am I forgetting?

Posts: 261 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A very nice, marble-looking paperweight with the TDCAA logo emblazoned on the top and a non-skid cork on the bottom.