Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TDCAA dominos Login/Join 
posted
A few years back one of the great speaker gifts at the Annual Update was a set of double 6 dominos with the TDCAA emblem on the back. My investigator and I played dominos almost daily at lunch until they went missing from our conference/witness room (price you pay for having to go to h**l to get your witnesses I guess). Anyone willing to part with their set for a fee ??

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you check E-bay? Perhaps the thief will sell them back to you.

[This message was edited by JB on 01-04-07 at .]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep been looking on ebay and craigslist, sadly nothing Frown

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a set that my former chief investigator, and now Fannin County Sheriff, Kenneth Moore and I won during the annual domino tournament about 10 years ago. But sorry, I wouldn't part with them for anything. But if you are ever up here in Collin County, I will be more than happy to challenge you to a game of 42 and will provide the dominos to play with.

Posts: 62 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here I was thinking that dominos was a lost art !
Same goes, if you get down Austin way I'll stir up some other dominos and we can give it a go.

posted Hide Post
And, if you are passing through Georgetown at lunchtime, come by the break room, where you might get in on a game between prosecutors and investigators.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I got a beautiful set of those collector items after a bumbling attempt at so-called speaking to learned professionals. And no, Stacey, even though those eyes of yours could melt butter, you can't have them. But I would be willing to give you a nice mouse-pad from Interstate Batteries, if you like.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.P. Merillat:
And no, Stacey, even though those eyes of yours could melt butter, you can't have them.

wha???????????????????????????

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flattery will get you everywhere AP, but I couldn't possibly replace my NASCAR #3 mouse pad with your Interstate one.
Thanks anyway Wink

posted Hide Post
Buzz Killer!

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One year I rejected the dominoes as a speaker prize. If I had only known, an opportunity to retrieve some Ebay money lost. Frown

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an incomplete set of dominos that I purchased at Wal-mart for $6.00. They don't say TDCAA but I will gladly write it on the back of each one in Magic Marker... I will be willing to part with these magical dominoes for $15.00. What a bargain!

Posts: 69 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can freehand the Great Seal of the Association on them with a different color Magic Marker, and maybe draw a banjo on 'em too, I might be interested. "Might" being the key word.

posted Hide Post
Perhaps TDCAA should have a TDCAA Store link on their homepage that takes visitors to a page where TDCAA paraphernalia can be ordered. Seems like a good fund raiser.

Posts: 72 | Location: San Antonio, Texas, USA | Registered: December 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AP maybe you can trade Agg the Interstate mouse pad for them !

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stacey L. Brownlee:
AP maybe you can trade Agg the Interstate mouse pad for them !

Maybe you can throw in some banjo and yodeling lessons to sweeten the deal for them there dominos.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brilliant!

Say, Agg, I have a real nice Interstate Batteries mouse pad. It only has a couple of coffee stains on it and an unknown piece of somebody's lunch that has kind of grown into the logo area. Reckon I could get at least the aces and blanks of your customized set for such a collector's item?

posted Hide Post
The blanks are the ones that are missing out of my set. How about this, I will give you the double six out of my set for your mousepad but you have to pay shipping and handling for both and any Magic Marker writing I have to do will cost you at least an Interstate Batteries Coffee cup.

Posts: 69 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A fair deal by any standards. Tell you what, since you don't have the blanks, which are my favorites (they allow for sneaking in spots when needed, with my own hidden Sharpie) in lieu of cash, I'll give you my lift tickets to the Ville Platte, Louisiana Alpine Ski Resort and Washer-Pitching Extravaganza.

posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure that the slopes in Ville Platte are still full of FEMA trailers but if you stop by my auntie's house she will let you swing on the porch swing and if you come by early enough (cajun lunch is late if served past 11) you might even get some ponce avec sauce piquante and homemade prailine ice cream.