TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Mitigating circumstances- a broken picker?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mitigating circumstances- a broken picker? Login/Join 
posted
This is actual testimony from the punishment phase of a felony drug possession trial:

Q When you say he has problems, what kind of
problems do you see, Randy? How -- how is [defendant's] life different, say, as opposed to yours?

A The depression, the -- the mental state that he -- he gets in.

Q Do you see it? Does it make sense in some
way to you?

A Well, I mean it just -- he -- he has -- he
gets -- the way I that understand it, that he does, he -- a problem creates and he -- he can't -- it's like his picker's broke. He can't pick the right choice or -- or do the right thing, he just can't -- he can't make an -- an opinion or he can't choose sometimes. I mean, you know, if you set a can of green beans out here and another can of green beans out here and you tell him to pick one, he couldn't do it.

Posts: 95 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A medical term, used to describe certain fractures: "(fill in your favorite hillbilly's name here) can't play 'Dueling Banjos' tonight, 'cause he's got a broken picker."

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank the Lord for spell-checker.

Posts: 137 | Location: Corsicana, TX | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More testimony from the brother
He's -- he's pretty much turned his life around, and I know he's passed every urinalysis they've throwed at him, and he -- he seemed to be doing good at this point.

Posts: 95 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post