TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    ID, TDCJ or TDCJ, ID
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ID, TDCJ or TDCJ, ID Login/Join 
posted
You've probably covered it before and I have missed it, but in your judgments and admonishments are you using Texas Department of Crimnal Justice, Institutional Division or Institutional Division of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice or something else? And does it matter?

Posts: 130 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The topic was raised a while back. See Judgment Forms. No definitive answer was provided.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going with "prison." Does anyone really think they won't know where to put them?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JB, do you actually use the term "prison" or are you pulling our legs? If it will work for you, it will work for me -- and look at all the space you save.

Posts: 130 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or big house, calaboose, pokey, or tank.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
House of the Rising Sun?

Posts: 79 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a judge who frequently told probationers that if they screwed up, they were going to The Ranch. He also said they would be wearing orange and not going to a UT football game.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know TDC does a fair bit of ranching, but I think they actually do more farming, so maybe The Farm?

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The lockup, the stir, the clink, the can, and the joint.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's the "big time out" and some people get the "big flu shot" while there . . .

Posts: 62 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about "the naughty place"? Or simply, "the room"? And I've even referred to a defendant getting a very stiff sentence as getting "spanked". But who hasn't?

Conversely, I've been known to tell my kids "Anyone loses his spoon spends a night in the box." (Of course, I usually just say that to get my wife to laugh.)

[This message was edited by David Newell on 08-07-08 at .]

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also the brig, or my current favorite, gaol (the old English spelling).

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
The Greybar Hilton, the hole, the cooler....

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many convicts say they have been "on vacation" to explain their absence when addressing each other back in the free world....

Posts: 40 | Location: Wharton, Tx | Registered: May 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had an old (and I mean ancient!) cowboy in our hometown who had done prison time in his youth for running moonshine whiskey. He referred to his stint in the joint as his time "raising turkeys for the Governor".

Posts: 35 | Location: Groesbeck, TX | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does that answer your question, DJC?

posted Hide Post
What about the hooscow? How do you spell that anyway?

Posts: 280 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: March 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hoosegow is the correct Anglicized version of jusgado. I thought you meant who's cow.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite is the Penitentiary.

Posts: 151 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My old boss, Wiley L. Cheatham, a long-time Texas prosecutor, preferred to let 'em know they were going to see "Uncle Bud".

Posts: 10 | Location: Cuero, TX USA | Registered: February 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post