TDCAA Community
Need some help ASAP please!!!!

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/7947068506

April 16, 2012, 12:21
sgreenb8
Need some help ASAP please!!!!
I need a writ of habeas corpus for a prosecutor held in Contempt.

I have never had to use this in my 7+ years as a prosecutor, but I think it would be a good idea to have one.

Thanks,
Scott

Please email me sgreen888@yahoo.com
April 16, 2012, 12:30
Gretchen
We had a judge in one of the jurisdictions I used to work for who routinely threatened to hold prosecutors in contempt. It was only half in jest that when a prosecutor was assigned to that court they would be instructed that they were entitled to a PR bond and a hearing before an independent magistrate. Don't know if that helps you any.
April 16, 2012, 13:28
Andrea W
I don't have a form for you, but the provision for release for an officer of the court is Govertment Code sec. 21.002(d). The prosecutor has to file a motion requesting release on their personal recognizance in the court that held them in contempt. It's a "shall release" provision. The judge of the administrative district has to assign a new judge to hold a contempt hearing.
April 16, 2012, 14:10
Versel
Just sent you a PR bond I carried with me for years. (just in case)
April 16, 2012, 16:42
rk
I sent you a motion, some notes, and a couple of cases. Good luck.
April 17, 2012, 10:06
A. Diamond
quote:
sgreen888@yahoo.com

I sent you our 4 page 'grab and go' packet. It has our standard 'how to get yourself out of jail' advisory for a lawyer held summarily in contempt, a Motion for immediate release and request that another judge hear the matter under the Government Code, an Order form, and a copy of the applicable statute. I keep a couple sets of the packet printed out and tacked to the bulletin board in my office. So far, I don't think we've had to actually use them. However, there have been a few times we'e made sure prosecutors have a set with them...
April 17, 2012, 10:57
e sainz
Will you please send me that "grab and go" packet? Thanks!
April 17, 2012, 13:32
A. Diamond
Sure will.
April 17, 2012, 17:13
sgreenb8
Thanks at all.

-Scott
April 18, 2012, 12:34
Shannon Edmonds
quote:
Originally posted by e hernandez:
Will you please send me that "grab and go" packet? Thanks!

Y'all can feel free to experiment with the new attachment function we now have; click on the "Add Attachment?" hyperlink below the text box of your reply.
April 18, 2012, 12:55
Lisa Peterson
I would appreciate a copy of the packet as well - if it isn't too much trouble~

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney
April 19, 2012, 10:55
A. Diamond
Testing new and improved attachment function. Smile

A.D.

Lawyer contempt "grab and go" packet.

April 19, 2012, 11:31
Andrea W
I'm duly impressed by the attachment feature. And thanks for sharing your packet, it's a handy thing to have around!
May 10, 2012, 11:17
MDK27
Love the attachment function and thanks! I had a judge, many years ago, threaten to hold me in contempt in the hallway, because he didn't like my attitude. I told him he had threatened me enough, and that he should either do it, or just shut the heck up, because I was tired of it. He left me completely alone after that (and was thrown off the bench a few months later for unrelated misconduct).