TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Sex Offender requesting revocation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sex Offender requesting revocation Login/Join 
posted
I have a sex offender that accepted a plea for deferred adjudication. The plea occurred in December, 2014. He is currently in jail as a condition of the community supervision. He has no family or friends in Texas and wants to go home to Alabama. Well, Alabama will not accept the transfer. We aren't sure what to do with him. Meanwhile, he has made comments to the jail staff that he should just go do his prison time. Obviously he has no violations since he has been incarcerated the whole time. I can not find a mechanism to send him to prison if that is truly what he wants. Can anyone tell me if and how this can be done?

Posts: 38 | Location: Crockett,Texas | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be leery of filing a motion to adjudicate and revoke based on anything other than a legitimate violation. Safest thing is to let him finish his jail time wait until he fails to report, or something along those lines. Who knows, maybe he will give probation a chance once he's released.

With that said I had an identical situation several years ago and we did sort of force the issue. At the defense attorney's request, the sex offender therapist went to the jail and attempted to do his intake process for new patients. The defendant truthfully told him that he had no interest in treatment and just wanted to go to prison. He resisted the intake enough that the therapist unsuccessfully terminated him from the program, which was a violation. We filed a motion to revoke and negotiated an agreed punishment.

Posts: 106 | Location: Galveston, Tx. | Registered: May 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post