TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    An excellent Intoxication Assault/Manslaughter voir dire
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An excellent Intoxication Assault/Manslaughter voir dire Login/Join 
posted
I am in possession of what I consider to be one of the finest voir dires for Intoxicated crimes ever done, with all due respect to the recognized gurus in the area.

My co-worker and veteran prosecutor Phil Hall gave the voir dire last year in an Intoxicated Assault case, and I basically used that voir dire last week in an Intoxicated Assault and Intox. Manslaughter case.

I think Phil's version might be the finest voir dire I've ever heard used. It's just plain excellent, covers all the issues in a very understandable and logical progression, and makes sense to the panel.

My problem with these types of voir dire has always been the causation issues, and this voir dire really covers that often sticky issue in a really understandable format for the venire.

I got my copy from the record of that case, and am working on getting a digital copy.

I can snail mail it to anyone who wants it NOW before I can get a digital copy to send out. It'll take a couple of weeks for me to get a digital copy.

[This message was edited by GG on 02-03-10 at .]

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We would love a copy as well at the 33rd & 424th DA office. staff@33districtattorney.com Thank you.

Posts: 109 | Location: Llano, TX USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why not just post it to the DWI Resources section of this page?

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll snail mail copies later this week to those who post on this thread or email me, and once I get an e copy will post it to the resources page.

As always, I've yet to try one of these cases without having to contact Richard Alpert, and he is always helpful. Thanks, Richard.

Maybe we could get Phil to write an article or lecture at a seminar about his voir dire technique in these cases, which he says he got from other people. I've heard and read an awful lot of voir dire examinations, and seen many excellent ones from folks I have worked with, but trust me when I say: This one is it!.

[This message was edited by GG on 02-01-10 at .]

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg,
I'm trying one of these this week. I'd love to see your voir dire for future case. mjarrett@wilco.org

Michael J. Jarrett

Posts: 4 | Location: Williamson County | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to take a look also. You can just email the digital one when you get it. ejfuchs@bexar.org

Posts: 22 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: March 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would love a copy as well. James.herbrich@co.fayette.tx.us

Posts: 169 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One more...

brent.robbins@dentoncounty.com

Thanks

Posts: 115 | Location: Denton, TX, USA | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Add me to the list of those who'd love to see a copy of the voir dire:

mzakrocki@huntcounty.net

Posts: 34 | Location: Hunt County, TX | Registered: November 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I faxed a copy to Mike in Wilco for his trial today. If anyone else needs a fax copy for a quick trial, let me know. Otherwise, I'll get them out asap.

posted Hide Post
e-mail me whenever you get it in digital form.
Thanks again.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
can you email me a copy too? Thanks!
xochitl.vandiver@co.galveston.tx.us

Posts: 51 | Location: Galveston, Texas USA | Registered: September 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
For all of you who just posted your email addresses on this forum ... you might re-consider doing so in the future to avoid those spammers who "mine" the internet for email addresses to add to their distribution lists. Direct emails to the original poster are always safer.

Carry on ...

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could I please get a copy too. I have an intoxication manslaughter trial set for late Feb. It would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Scott
ada1@lawyer.com

Posts: 8 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like a copy as well.

ccowan"at"kaufmancounty"dot"net

Thanks.

Posts: 36 | Location: Kaufman, Texas, USA | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would appreciate a copy as well.

omar.escobar@da.co.starr.tx.us

Thanks.

Posts: 17 | Location: Rio Grande City, TX, U.S. | Registered: November 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Greg. I'd like a copy for the office. Digital is fine when you get it. I'll shoot you an email.

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please send me a copy...I can wait for digital though...thanks for thinking of us all for something like that...that is what it all about to be in an "association."

Posts: 130 | Location: Hempstead, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me Too!

tbrummett@co.lubbock.tx.us

Posts: 62 | Location: Lubbock, TX | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for offering this up, Greg. We are always looking for good examples of voir dires, especially intox manslaughter cases. We would be grateful for a copy as well. sphelps@co.brazos.tx.us (sorry Shannon).

Posts: 126 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: October 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post