TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Coloring book for lawyers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coloring book for lawyers Login/Join 
posted
This could be us, had we chosen the firm lifestyle. Very funny. I wish I were mahogany.

Coloring Book for Lawyers

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But for the ugly wife, these could be story boards from "Mad Men," a most excellent TV show.

Posts: 200 | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a mahogony desk, or a secretary, or big raises! I don't have a phone with many buttons on it either!

Obviously, we need a government lawyer coloring book.

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We can ask our new president, Mr. Brumley, to work on that in his "spare time". As the ultimate prosecutor, elected official and family man, I'm sure he has hours a week to spend on that!

Maybe he can give up guitar practicing for a month or so and do the prosecutor cartoon book. He doesn't need the practice anyway!

My desk isn't mahogany either. It's a very thin veneer over compressed sawdust board, I think.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My phone has four buttons.

My desk is not mahogany. It is not wood. It is metal.

Obviously I am Important, but not as Important as a firm lawyer. Frown

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a big, illegible signature!

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I must be very important. My phone has more buttons than I can operate.

The probation department is above my office. I ride the elevator with many people who don't smell good and may recognize me. I like being armed. You can color my gun blue. Cool

Posts: 137 | Location: Corsicana, TX | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnW:
I like being armed. You can color my gun blue. Cool

Now that is funny! And relevant.

[This message was edited by GG on 12-05-09 at .]

posted Hide Post
Whoa! Am I the only prosecutor on this forum who found the coloring book's lawyer fit his lifestyle to a "T"?

The resemblance to my own life was so uncanny, at first I wondered if the author/artist had been following me, as I board the 7:10 train to Goliad every morning.

And yes, I have a big mahogany desk. My desk was made at TDC. By inmates who are being rehabilitated. If it's not real mahogany, it looks just like mahogany, and that is the main thing.

The two chairs in front of my big desk have rather short legs. When defense attorneys sit in them to negociate deals for their clients, I can look down on them. The front legs are slightly shorter than the back legs, so the defense attorneys must constantly work to keep from falling out of the chair. The chairs are not very comfortable, but I get better deals that way. I like that.

My phone has 18 buttons! I am very important! I do not have a clue how to use all the buttons.

[This message was edited by Terry Breen on 12-05-09 at .]

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post