TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Tampering????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tampering???? Login/Join 
posted
I have a report from the county clerk that she caught a local surveyor manually correcting/altering a plat that has already been filed in the Official Public Records. He changed it from Block "3" to Block "E", which is the correct Block. He basically corrected a typo. In other words there was no false element to his actions. And it doesn't appear that It was done in an effort to defraud. I think he just didn't want to have to go through the whole plat amendment process. My clerk has since found other changes done to this surveyor's work. My first time to run across this. Anybody dealt with these facts before? If so, what did you do. Thanks.

Posts: 106 | Location: Uvalde, Texas | Registered: May 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never dealt with anything like this, but just a thought: He may not seem to have intended any harm at first glance, but what happens to all the deeds, title policies, etc. that have relied on the original designations? Won't all of those folks have to go to a lot of trouble to clean things up eventually (like fatally defective legal descriptions) because he was too lazy [cheap] to fix it properly himself? Is he really so dumb that he doesn't realize this? (I assume he's not a politician Roll Eyes)

With absolutely no research, I'm thinking Tampering w/ Gov't Records. If nothing else, maybe as a stick to make him fix his mistakes so others won't have to.

Posts: 137 | Location: Corsicana, TX | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Age may be a factor in this situation, if you kknow what I mean. After I posted, I had the same thoughts about the effects on transactions. We are going to try the stern and carefully worded letter approach at this point. Thanks for your reply.

Posts: 106 | Location: Uvalde, Texas | Registered: May 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post