TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Office dress code
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Office dress code Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Is the wearing of searsucker also governed by the rules of sartorial etiquette? That is, only wear it May to October? I don't possess any, but noticed its appearance in the South, at least, tends to be brief.

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because I make no court appearances, just meet with folk behind the scenes, I always wear a blazer, regimental tie, and starched levis (sufficient that I can stand up and lean back without falling over). This practice may have to change, albeit reluctantly.

Posts: 264 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I refuse to abide by the "white shoes" rule! (I was raised in the land of fruits and nuts). To me that ended with the demise of gloves and hats for women. It just doesn't make sense that a woman can't wear white shoes the day after labor day even though the temperature is hitting 105 degrees! These days, pantyhouse seems to be going the same ways gloves and hats, at least for young women. I took a stroll through the hosiery section of a Nordstroms in Dallas last week and the section has shrunk from its former glory.

Janette A

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
It's a shame about hats being outdated for women (except those hideous ones worn by the British Royals). Hats look good on folks of both genders for what it's worth. Think I'll look for a new fedora this evening.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know about that, Bob. I think most women's hats are not particularly attractive or flattering. Men's hats, though, I wish would come back into style. I've always thought they looked good. Maybe the new Indiana Jones coming out will inspire a few men to wear hats. Wink

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AndreaW:
I don't know about that, Bob. I think most women's hats are not particularly attractive or flattering. Men's hats, though, I wish would come back into style. I've always thought they looked good. Maybe the new Indiana Jones coming out will inspire a few men to wear hats. Wink

They are already selling the faux-worn leather Indiana Hats at your local Blockbuster. I picked up one for Newell yesterday.

As for me, I have my new "Ken's Cap", as well as some for the rest of the APLI outfit, courtesy of Ken Sparks!

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fashion tips

Rule: Black and navy should not be worn together.
Verdict:: True and false.

Comments: When it comes to a navy blue suit, black shoes are the way to go in footwear. But pairing a black top with a navy bottom, or vice versa, is like mixing oil and water -- it doesn't work. (The same goes for combining black and brown.)

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know a female prosecutor who owns the same pair of shoes in Navy and in Black. Once on a trial day, she wore one of each.

I bet Stacey can't guess who this is!

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 05-13-08 at .]

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 05-13-08 at .]

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg, I'd say I know exactly who it was, except I've never worked with you! Wink I have four pairs of identical dress shoes, except some are black and some navy. It's led to some interesting mixups as I get dressed in the semi-darkness and while half-asleep.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did that with a black cherry boot and a black boot. One was Kangaroo, the other Ostrich. I looked pretty goofy with Navy pants on.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a Garanimals joke in here somewhere.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who needed matching shoes, she had great legs !

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
quote:

I wish they made Garanimals for men. It was easy figuring out what to wear in the Air Force (light blue shirt, blue tie, blue belt, blue pants, black socks and shoes). Ever since I got out it's been a real pain.

Oh, I forgot....blue hat!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I, too, have managed the wearing of mismatched shoes. We should start a support group. I can't realy remember at this point whether this was something I did on a work day or not (I'm sure some of my coworkers can tell you if it was!), but I do distinctly recall that they were at least both black. I had as usual gotten dressed pretty much in the dark, probably in a hurry to get to a crying baby or something. And the shoes in question did look vaguely similar from the top. So that much was more or less understandable. What really worried me, though, was the fact that one of them was a flat and the other had maybe a 1" heel, yet it was I think mid-afternoon when I finally looked down and saw what I'd done, after limping around all day, totally oblivious.

Elizabeth Foley
Ass't Crim. D.A.
Galveston County

Posts: 102 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish they made Garanimals for men. It was easy figuring out what to wear in the Air Force (light blue shirt, blue tie, blue belt, blue pants, black socks and shoes). Ever since I got out it's been a real pain.

Oh, I forgot....blue hat!

I had it even easier. Green flight suit. This is why my wife is always with me when I buy suits/clothes. Smile

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never worn two different shoes, but I have been known to wear two different earrings, and once, my top inside out. I plead lack of sleep and getting dressed in a dark closet.

Janette a

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also did the two shoes from different pairs. There I was worried about black shoes with brown or blue. So I bought two nearly identical pairs of wing tips. One black, one a deep maroon. Wife is on summer break, so the dark in the closet thing is going on. Don't notice till my 2nd chair points it out at 3:00. A rare trial story of mine where I don't remember the verdict.

On dress code

Shoes are a must.

Posts: 293 | Location: Austin, TX, US | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some subjects are timeless. I see we have circled back around to a past thread. For details, click here.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
of the mis-matched shoe club. One black and one brown, same heel height, but not identical style. I attribute it to being distracted by a highly important legal issue.... or maybe lack of sleep. I give myself some points for noticing the faux paus on my own. Thank goodness I didn't have court that day.

Posts: 176 | Location: Hempstead, TX, USA | Registered: June 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somehow these just go together. I'm no connesseur (sp?) on mac & cheese, I will eat just about any kind. But matching my socks in the mornings is a real hassle. I can't count the times I have showed up at the office with mismatched blue and black socks--even when they have different patterns. In the morning, they all look alike or, maybe, I'm just distracted by the thought of gooey, thick, brightly-colored mac & cheese later in the day.

Wrong thread? I don't think so. These threads are coming from cooks contributing to the same kitchen.

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post