TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Office dress code
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Office dress code Login/Join 
<Bob Cole>
posted

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Terry Breen:
JohnR: See if you can find a nice stewardess uniform or two, and post it here so Ken can get some good ideas for his staff.

If he takes our advice, and requires uniforms like these, and requires his staff to stay in uniform at the next TDCAA Annual Conference, I'll bet they'll really stand out from the crowd.

Terry, you can't be serious.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey! Who posted my picture without permission?

Posts: 36 | Location: Corpus Christi, TX 78401 | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alissa,

Is that the uniform the ladies of the Nueces Co. Atty.s Office wear? If so, how do y'all get around the White Shoe Rule after Labor Day?

I imagine if you walked into the courtroom after Labor Day wearing that outfit, ready to do Voir Dire, a lot of the woman panelist would be shocked to see you wearing white boots.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dislocated my little toe after having picked a jury in one of my rural counties. I could not walk with shoes on and I looked like Chester with only one high heel on. I ended up barefoot in the courtroom not the kitchen.What can you do? I'l bet that wouldn't bode well for the dress code.

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoes are a must, unless you have a note from your Doctor.

Posts: 293 | Location: Austin, TX, US | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once hurt my foot so I couldn't wear shoes, so I ended up going to work for a few weeks wearing black slippers. It was pretty unobtrusive. Most people didn't notice I was wearing.

That was before I became a lawyer, though. I'm not sure I would do that in a courtroom!

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the white boots go with the summer uniform, this is the...

Winter Uniform

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So there you have it, Ken. In less than 2 weeks since you posted your question, you now have all your office dress code problems sorted out.

1--A sharp looking trooper's uniform for the fellows, that is distinctive, yet understated, which has the added bonus of having your men ready, at a moment's notice, to pursue Pancho Villa on horseback.

2--And a summer and a winter uniform for the ladies that looks smart, professional, feminine, and hip, without going "over the top." And, most importantly, does not violate the White Shoe Rule.

That is the power of the TDCAA User Forum in action. You could have paid an office clothing consultant thousands and thousands of dollars for this advice, but you got it here for free.

Good luck.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You git what you pay fer. Big Grin

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU FOR NOTICING STACEY BROWNLEE!

SOME MEN IN OUR OFFICE ...GREG GILLELAND....HAVE TO WEAR A TIE TO COVER THEIR LUNCH/FOOD STAIN.

Posts: 15 | Location: Bastrop,Texas | Registered: September 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The dress code has been finalized and will be effective September 1. Thanks to all for the suggestions. If anyone wants a copy, send me an e-mail.(click on my name for the member profile)

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post