TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Outlandish Nicknames
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outlandish Nicknames Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A guy did time in our county jail and his nickname was "Poohknocker". Still can't figure out how he got it.

Posts: 1 | Location: Lockhart, Texas, USA | Registered: July 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a male serial hot check writer whose primary occupation was entertainer, and he went by the nickname "Coyote."

Posts: 97 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention this one: 52 S.W.3d 268 (Corpus Christi 2001, no pet.), which is actually entitled, Jesse Hernandez, A/K/A "Bumpy" v. State of Texas (affirming Bumpy's murder conviction for helping Trece ("13"), Rhino and Chino Boy whack Huicho for disrespecting Sapo ("Toad"))

Posts: 23 | Location: Hidalgo County | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prosecuted another character in southwest Texas named Jackass Andy. No, not a nickname...it was really his name. He would quickly pop out his DL if anyone had any question about that. (Docket calls were always fun.)

And, yes, he was...

Posts: 10 | Location: Bryan, Texas, USA | Registered: February 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While a prosecutor in Waller County, I tried a drug dealer named Bean Poppa. His girlfriend had his name tattoed on her back above a depiction of couple participating in an sexual act. Must have been true love. He's doing 20 years now...maybe she'll wait for him.

Posts: 77 | Location: Nacogdoches County, Texas | Registered: April 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My two favorites:

hamburger pimp (aka arthur hubbard)

cup o' sugar (aka michael dwayne williams, deceased)

Posts: 15 | Location: lufkin, texas usa | Registered: April 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, lawyers have nicknames, too. Everyone knows a prosecutor nicknamed "Mad Dog." What else?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The shortest meanest in Lubbock got named "stickhorse" Hobson. The "racehourse lived further north. He actually put it on his business cards as well as instructions to policwe to quit questioning the holder of the card.

Some defense lawyers picked up the moniker amoung prosecutors of "V-6". (A walking talking violation of the 6th ammendment right to effective assistance of counsel.)

Posts: 293 | Location: Austin, TX, US | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bert "Golden Eyes" Graham (his glasses)
Terry "Highway Patrol" Wilson (as in Broderick Crawford)
Ted "Steelhead" Busch (for being so stubborn)
Ted "Toothbrush" Poe

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw a booking screen recently indicating that one of my little crack dealers is going by "Dead Homey" (I assume he was still alive when he was booked in). Off-subject, but speaking of booking screens, the best job description I ever saw was, verbatim, "I babysit for my baby's mama". Aww...what a liberated guy.

Posts: 12 | Location: Galveston, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: June 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have recently had the displeasure of dealing with an attorney in Grand Prairie who calls himself "Hurricane." It is even on his letterhead, in quotes.

Posts: 97 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does "a**hole" count? I've been referred to by that affectionate moniker from time to time.

Posts: 283 | Location: Montague, Texas, USA | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't believe we have any actual Mad Dogs in this office, but we do have a Mad Hatter, a Bosley and a Ghost . . .

I am pretty sure mine was #$%!RASHUM*FRASHUM?@#*! recently after causing an appellant's brief to be struck, but only until defense counsel realized he could bill for the rewrite too; he was actually quite jovial when I next saw him. My colleague was flipped off by this person several years ago over some appellate tussle, and I was certain that I too would become a member of the Fickle Finger of Fate Club, but no . . .

There is another defense lawyer hereabouts nicknamed La Lievre (not sure about the spelling), which supposedly means "The Jackrabbit," and another who used to have big billboards up near the checkpoint at Fal displaying a rabid-looking Rotweiler that proclaimed him to be akin to a junk-yard dog. There is also an out-of-town PI lawyer who touts himself as "The Strong Arm" in his many, many, MANY annoying TV ads.

Posts: 23 | Location: Hidalgo County | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the last Drug Roundup I did with the Feds, We had a few pretty good nicknames. We of course put them in the indictment.

Lawrence "Onion" Borens
Quentin "Pooh" Brown
Tyrone "Scooby" Brown
Arrick "Pie" Hillard
Karlos "Zeus" Moore
Clifford "Dummy" Nelson
Roderick "Big Dummy" Nelson

But, none is a colorful in court or on the street as Joanne "Chicken Wing" Sanders

Posts: 1 | Location: Gregg County, Texas | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a county I once worked in, there was a def. atty. who was quite aggressive about taking his clients to trial. He turned down an offer of 5 years, saying, "you can't make that case," and went to trial. Our office did make the case, and the jury gave his client 50 years. After that he was known in our office as Maximum Mike.

When I prosecuted in Zimbabwe, I had a witness called "Fearless Fang." I looked forward to calling out, "the State calls Fearless Fang to the witness stand," but the case pled out.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, these are real names and not nicknames. They were also codefendants:

Dat Bich and Phuoc Vu.

Posts: 68 | Location: Hempstead, Texas, USA | Registered: June 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maximum Mike--there's probably one named that in every county. Razz

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since the ice has been broken now, I will post this- the surgeon who did my brother's vasectomy, as printed on his card: Dick Chop. Joke in there somewhere about assumption of risk.

Posts: 160 | Location: Foat Wuth | Registered: June 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kinda embarrassing ..but, early in my career, I tried a two time loser named Leon for Possession of Cocaine. The jury acquitted him. Several months later, I tried him for Delivery of Cocaine.....The jury hung. I was not at all happy. But then the jail inmates christened him "Teflon Leon" because "Mr. McLain couldn't make nothing stick to him". That was almost more than I could stand. "Teflon's" third trial netted a guilty verdict and 65 years in TDC. Teflon went out telling me "Keep your head up. You're gettin pretty good at this."

Posts: 233 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, I laughed pretty hard at that!

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post