TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Outlandish Nicknames
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outlandish Nicknames Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My favorite, which occurred before my arrival as an ADA in Richmond in the early 90's, was "Chicken Wing", called so because after he was shot in some sort of "alleged" drug related altercation/drive-by, he ran into his nearby defense attorneys office saying that he had been shot in the shoulder, and flapping his arm up and down, somewhat akin to a chicken wing.

I always enjoy reading defendant's nicknames in the tcic, and have seen some funny ones that decorum prevents repeating in this forum.

Posts: 28 | Location: Richmond, Texas | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since when has decorum ever prevented a spirited discussion on this forum? Don't tell me the rules have changed post-Janet Jackson!

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Among my recent favorites are:

Frosty, a meth cook/dealer

Thumper, who likes burglary

and, my personal favorite,

Justice Peace Freedom, III, who was, of course, promptly sent to state jail for theft. This is his actual legal name, I am told.

Posts: 280 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: March 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a defendant who's alias was "Vomit." At docket call I was very tempted to use his alias when calling his case. His mother must be very proud.

Posts: 17 | Location: Austin, TX U.S.A. | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few years ago, we locked up a drunk on a PI charge. When queried by officers, he gave his name as "D. B. Smith". Once at the jail, he was asked to give his full name. Sticking with "DB", he even showed officers the tatoo on his arm - D. B. After being threatened with assorted new offenses, the 6'5", 300 pound black gentleman hung his head. Asking if they would please not tell anyone, he admitted that his name is "Dee Baby Smith" - and he couldn't afford to have it changed........

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
El Chorizo - The Sausage
El Soldado - The Soldier
El Engenerio - The Engineer
El Licensiado - The Lawyer
El Guero - The Blonde
El Chimuelo - No Teeth
El Gordo - The Fat Man

PS - the suspect is El Licensiado.

[This message was edited by Gordon LeMaire on 08-18-04 at .]

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Family's last name is Bottom. Mom names her kido Rock...Rock Bottom. She likes the title so much she has it tatooed on her hand between her thumb and first finger. Mom testifies at the CPS termination hearing that she named her child Rock as a compromise with her common law husband...hubby wanted to name the child Dick Harry Bottom...Thank God for the blessing of adoption that includes a name change!

Posts: 56 | Location: Plainview, Texas | Registered: September 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i tried 2 conspiracy to commit murder trials (5 defs who were all texas syndicate)

ballou - victim
big nose rudy - suspect (later eliminated)
smokedog - defendant
bullet - defendant
mafia - defendant
troll - defendant

Posts: 2 | Location: Amarillo, TX 79101 | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My latest case does not involve a nickname, but instead a real live drivers license name: Prudence Lova Lane Leger. The combination of the names is more than a little ironic.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had several cases against a guy whose nickname is "Rent Money." Seems his mother used to pay the landlord in sexual services, not cash, and this fellow is the byproduct.

Posts: 86 | Location: Floresville, TX USA | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prosecuted a case where my murder victim was a FNU LNU but went by the name "El Chato" which roughly means one with a flat face. El Chato met his demise when a drunken buddy beat him over the head with a 50lb piece of concrete

Posts: 17 | Location: Richmond, Texas | Registered: April 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one that I found very difficult to deal with was Reggie Buck Fudge. Everyone in the court room was waiting to see if we would stumble over his name. Poor guy. Kind of felt like his parents sentenced him to prison at birth.

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder what parents are expecting out of their kids when they name them? We have a boy in our area whose name is Blade.

Posts: 106 | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I knew of a juvenile named "Captain" C______ (no, not Crunch -- I'm just being careful since he was a juvenile).

Anyway, Captain was really his given name. And he had a twin sister. Her name was ...

... Tenille.

Muskrat Love, indeed ...

Posts: 2423 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was waiting to pay my bill at some windy small town in W. Texas. Next to the cash register was a little bulletin board, with a news clipping from the local paper. Several kids had won something or other in some kind of competition. One of the winners was a boy named Marijuana Smith (I don't really recall the last name.)

I asked the waitress who took my bill if there really was a kid named Marijuana in town. She assured me there was.

I guess his parents didn't want him to go into law enforcement when he grew up.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, he was a running back for the local football team, I'm sure.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago, as a small-town newspaper reporter, I typed up an honor roll list with this name: "Cherrie Hyman"

Posts: 14 | Location: Palestine, Texas, USA | Registered: March 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have two prosecutors, who upon successfully completing a difficult trial, were nicknamed by the jury Hammer and Feather.

The female prosecutor got the Hammer nickname. Her male colleague got the other.

The jury was trying to convey the concept of good cop/bad cop. Feather is not happy.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've dealt with two Liberty County dopers - "okra seed" (generally pronounced "okry" in our area) and "ham bone." Ham Bone died an untimely death as a result of a cocaine overdose... go figure.

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried a guy last year for Injury to a Child. His nickname, appropriately enough, was "Pecker." It's the only time I was able to call my defendant "pecker" throughout the trial and get away with it. (Usually, I have to wait until closing arguments.) Wink

Posts: 14 | Location: Amarillo, Texas | Registered: September 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post