TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    DPS Video Equipment
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DPS Video Equipment Login/Join 
posted
Janet, DPS is now getting new video equipment that runs all the time. The beauty of the system is that it will "reach back" a couple of minutes when recording incidents from the light initiation.

How much do the units cost?

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And how do you change the settings so that you can see times in case you have to redact or mute the video? Most of the DPS videos I've seen don't show the time anymore.

I do really like the split screen though. That's a pretty cool feature.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DPS in our area is using the Watchguard system. I've been told that it was being installed across the state.

Contact Watchguard customer service at 866-384-8657. They have been great about our technical questions and helping to resolve issues like this.

You also should ask them to send you a copy of the DVD Manager utility Software. This disc allows you to take a chapter from a sumbitted DVD if needed (example just the DWI stop from days of patrol car video), burn the video to MPG2 or to other formats depending on your equipment, etc.

We also had a representative come to our office and demonstrate the equipment and its features. It helped later to understand the whole "went to a hard drive, then to a disc" and we found out about when the disc is actually recorded vs. what's stored on the car's hard drive.

Gretchen - I'm not sure you are referring to DPS videos if you have a split screen. That may be L3 or Integrian. Split screen usually means at least 2 cameras mounted in the cars and our DPS doesn't have 2 cameras, but maybe they do elsewhere. If it is Watchguard, the Disc Utility manager will allow you to remove or show the "data" meaning date/time/name, etc.

Hope this helps!

Posts: 90 | Location: Georgetown, TX | Registered: October 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen the split screen video on our troopers units. It is cool to watch the road and the defendant at the same time. But you tend to get vertigo.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post