TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Is there a crime?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a crime? Login/Join 
posted
The future king of England uses a helicopter for personal business. For details,

click here.

What would you charge?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to the military, the flights were approved for training purposes, so he wasn't misusing anything. I'd suggest someone look at the officers who approved the flights, but it doesn't seem that anyone did anything criminal, just use poor judgment.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the bennies of military flying was training that, sometimes, allowed you to do this kind of thing. Of course, I never had the opportunity to land a supersonic trainer or my later steed of choice a C-130 in my families back yards, but we could let them know our training flights were going over. And there was always the wing waggle wave.

Not even anything wrong with the senior officers who approved the flight.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"It's good to be the King"-- Mel Brooks, History of the World Part I

[This message was edited by SAProsecutor on 04-24-08 at .]

[This message was edited by SAProsecutor on 04-24-08 at .]

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently these training flights cost in the neighborhood of 60k each, and there's a big shortage of Chinooks with the troops in Afghanistan. That's why there's an uproar about it.

Still, when you're the future king, I imagine you get to do just a few things that lesser mortals couldn't get away with. Wink

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Can the Crown prosecute the Crown?

We may need to page Mr. Stride, our resident British import, for the details of how that works.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He has been oddly silent on this one.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe he's been called in as a special prosecutor and can't comment?

posted Hide Post
How do you cite to the Magna Carta?

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Magna Carta (1297) (c. 1).

Or if you pulled it up online instead of viewing one of the originals:

Magna Carta (1297) (c. 1). UK Statute Law Database. Retrieved on 04-24-2008.

posted Hide Post
Cool.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I can say is that most of us get to choose who we are and what we want to do. Such options really don't exist for those born into a royal life. Some believe them privileged, I think them heavily burdened. They, more than most people, live in a goldfish bowl. I envy not their lot in life. While I might not endorse everything they do, that is true of most people I know. I hazard a guess we have all done something on the wilder side in our younger days, and some never stop. No harm, no foul. Live and let life.

I wish I could fly a Chinook, though. Helicopters fascinate me. . . .maybe in my next life

JAS

[This message was edited by JAS on 04-24-08 at .]

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A blatant Anglophile.

posted Hide Post
I have been seeking treatment for the last twenty-four years!

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should we add your name to the Wikipedia list of famous Anglophiles?