TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Failure to register
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Failure to register Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone prosecuted a person for failure to register as a sex offender when the person's probationary period term has expired, they moved to another state, and they fail to register as a sex offender? But, the person's duty to register annually does not occur until that person has resided in that other state for three months. Additionally, does anyone know what states, if any, that Texas has negotiated and entered into a reciprocal registration agreement with for purposes of Art. 62.021(d) CCP?

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Maureen, you might try calling Paul Jordan in DPS Special Crimes in Austin (512-424-2000 -- sorry, I've lost his direct #). He's always been a good resource for me on registration cases.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Maureen, you might try calling Paul Jordan in DPS Special Crimes in Austin (512-424-2000, ext. 0 -- sorry, I've lost his direct #). He's always been a good resource for me on registration cases.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post