TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    OCA Standardized Felony Judgment Forms
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OCA Standardized Felony Judgment Forms Login/Join 
posted
The OCA will be meeting later this year to discuss and revise the standardized judgment forms. I managed to get myself invited to participate earlier this year when I emailed them a question: “What is the best way to note on a judgment when a defendant waives time credits?” Their response: “We don’t know . . . that’s a good question. Please come and ask more later this year when we meet.”
Honestly, I don’t know enough to give good feedback or to ask informative questions . . . so I would appreciate it if you all would offer your own questions or concerns, etc. with respect to the standardized felony judgment forms. Please list them here, or email me directly.

Posts: 104 | Location: Brazos County, Texas | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will be tricky to write a standardized form for the new split sentencing of state jail felonies.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing is certain. The form should be modified to state: "All costs are adjudged against the defendant, to be collected as provided by law." Any blanks for the amount of costs should be eliminated. There is also no need for language ordering the defendant to pay them.

Posts: 2385 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you let us know who we can get in touch with to attend that meeting? I would have some interest in attending it as I expect some other folks might as well. Thanks, J

Posts: 4 | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Martin Peterson:
One thing is certain. The form should be modified to state: "All costs are adjudged against the defendant, to be collected as provided by law." Any blanks for the amount of costs should be eliminated. There is also no need for language ordering the defendant to pay them.

Excellent point!

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post