TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Naked in Georgetown
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Naked in Georgetown Login/Join 
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JMH:
Animal House is timeless and can be watched over and over and still remain funny. That being said, it's also getting to the point where it's old enough to be considered a classic which means that it won't be too long before they TRY to re-make it with new up and coming stars and cameo's by some of the original cast, which means it will suck - badly.

[snip]

(of course if vince vaughn and owen wilson are in it, then it might have a shot - but I doubt it).

Vince Vaughn and Luke Wilson did remake Animal House for the 2000s. Except they called it "Old School."

And I loved them both! Big Grin

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
watching jessie from saved by the bell get her innocence stripped from her. it was like i was living a song from the j. geils band. and what would slater have thought? now if it had been lark voorhees or tiffany amber theissen, no problems there.

Now David, if you had been talking about the Brady Bunch I'm old enough to understand that cultural reference.

"Well, all I hear all day long at school, is how great Marcia is at this and how wonderful Marcia did that. Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!"

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my generation? isn't that a song by green day?

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who?

Posts: 293 | Location: Austin, TX, US | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Driving 35 Southbound on my cell
Sucking Ambien before the legislative bell
Warming up my Sherry 'cause you never can tell
What kind of party Newell's throwing, better bring your gel.

'Cause I'm naked in Georgetown
Speeding through the night
Yeah, I'm naked in Georgetown
And I'm lookin' for a fight
I'm wasted in Georgetown
Gotta do it right
Full naked in Georgetown
Do you think they will indict?

[This message was edited by Philip D Ray on 10-03-06 at .]

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I begin with a disclaimer. My musical tastes aren't as hip as Newell's or as smooth as Greg's. Or even as funky as A.P.'s. Nor am I as lyrically gifted as Mr. Ray. My taste is bizarre (though I think the self-aggrandizing term for it might be "eclectic"). I actually had, in the same rack, albums by Jerry Jeff Walker, Flim and the BBs, Ry Cooder and Pablo Cruise. With some Van Halen thrown in for culture's sake. But, as Bill Murray once said, "Now I know why I've always lost women to guys like you ... it's not just the uniforms, it's the stories that you tell." I digress. One probably cannot qualify as anywhere in the same area code as cool if one has in one's vehicular music selection a customized Veggie Tales CD with your kid's name on it. Roll Eyes As Jeff Foxworthy put it in describing a burglary of his truck in which several CDs were stolen, "At least they didn't get 'The Best of Bread' or the Anne Murray."

To tie this back in to the original theme of this thread, I can say with some confidence that all of my kids regard most of my musical selections as "utterly without redeeming social value."

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PR did a good job with the lyrics, SB. Too bad he got DN's name wrong.

You are eclectic, SB, especially when you go electric. Cool

gg

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if you like to talk to tomatoes, if a squash can make you smile . . .

veggie tales? is that by green day?

p.s.-very good lyrics PR.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is anyone else even remotely disturbed by the fact that the original thread dealt with obscenity and Veggie Tales is now being actively discussed? Is there nothing sacred anymore? What's next? Dora the Explorer? Fairly OddParents? Yikes!!!! I guess I have to screen my stepson's music/video/tv-watching a little more carefully than I thought! Wink

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the salad sisters proved that, indeed nothing, including veggies, are sacred anymore. The salad sisters I heard of were in Houston in the 90's, but I'm pretty sure they had clones elsewhere. I don't think they were really sisters, though...

See Gretch, that sortof brings this thread all together!

That's the way the great minds on this thread work. You start a coherent thread, then everyone runs around off topic like the keystone cops, then we end up back at square one, merging the topic of obscenity with veggies.

posted Hide Post
I thought of making a realistic adult recreational equipment versus veggies comment, but I just can't seem to pull it together and still remain 'content appropriate'. I also wanted to make a 'salad days' and Veggie Tales joke, but I'm all tangled up in the cucumbers.

Mr. Newell's name corrected. I don't know how that stray V got in there. I was likely giggling to myself as I was typing.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and i'll make sure to bring the black light to the party in my hotel room, too.

posted Hide Post
They're not nearly as naked in Georgetown as they are in the UK, apparently.

News Article about Naked Guy

(I almost just put "naked guy" for the link and then figured the admins would immediately pull the post - but really, it's an article. Well, there's a picture, but nothing too interesting to see. I mean, it doesn't SHOW anything, at least nothing offensive...I'll shut up now. The hole I'm digging is quite deep enough. Wink)

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about the time we caught you naked with a bowl of jello?

It was hot and I was hungry!

posted Hide Post
Thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said "I drank what?"

Real Genius, another classic

Posts: 9 | Location: Dallas, Texas USA | Registered: December 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
your mom puts license plates on your underwear?