TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Open Carry?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Open Carry? Login/Join 
posted
Thousands sign petition to make Texas an open-carry state
BY ANNA M. TINSLEY

Duane Suddeth shows his .40-caliber Glock 23 semiautomatic pistol holstered on his hip in his front yard in Bedford. Suddeth is among a group of residents who have joined a growing nationwide "open-carry" movement.

If Duane Suddeth had his way, he could strap on a handgun and wear it � anytime, anywhere � without concealing it.

That day has not come in Texas, but the 42-year-old Bedford man is among thousands hoping it is on its way.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
Sounds like a great idea to me. I can't see how all of our restrictions on firearms are Constitutional any way.

Why do politicians prefer disarmed peasants?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Arizona is still an open carry state. You could carry a pistol on you if you wished, but it could not be concealed. I only recall seeing a civilian with a pistol on his hip one time. Carrying a pistol on your belt all the time can get to be a bit of a drag, I imagine.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carry a pistol long enough, though - and you feel naked without it....

Posts: 115 | Location: Denton, TX, USA | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post