TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    More than one occupational license?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More than one occupational license? Login/Join 
posted
O.K. -- First probably in wrong forum, second, I'm showing my limited exposure with transportation code.

Just had hearing for occupational license where D may have had more than one occ. license before based on prior convictions.

Am I off base or doesn't TC 521.242 say:

(b) apply for...occupational license...where suspended...for a conviction of an
offense under the laws of this state; and
(2) the person has not been issued, in the 10 years preceding the date of the filing of the petition, more than one
occupational license after a conviction under the laws of this state.

So if D has more than one based on convictions, he's out of luck, right?

If no, shoot me now...

Thanks.

Posts: 26 | Location: Nacogdoches, Texas, USA | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If he has has obtained two or more prior occupational licenses in the last 10 years, he cannot get a third.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Conviction" is an important word for counting the occupational licenses allowed since people also get this sort of license when they lose the license because of a failed a breath test.

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks...It turned out this Defendant had gotten license suspension for failure to pay child support and obtained an occupational for that "civil" reason.

It was a full moon day we had this hearing hence the quirks...

But really did want to make sure the interpretation of the statute was correct.

Posts: 26 | Location: Nacogdoches, Texas, USA | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post