TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Kaufman County ADA Murdered Outside Courthouse this AM
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kaufman County ADA Murdered Outside Courthouse this AM Login/Join 
posted
Sad news breaking this morning from Kaufman County, it appears that prosecutor Mark Hasse was murdered as he made his way to the courthouse from the parking lot. My prayers are with Mark's family.

More info:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime...house-189198001.html

(edited to include name as it has been released by the media)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Martin Z.,

Posts: 34 | Location: Hunt County, TX | Registered: November 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please keep us posted as to what we can do to assist our brother prosecutor's family.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The updated article includes:

"Mark Hasse, a longtime prosecutor for the Dallas County District Attorney's Office and current assistant DA for Kaufman County, is the man who was shot and killed, News 8's Brad Watson has confirmed. He was a felony prosecutor who headed murder and drug cases."

Posts: 25 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: May 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My prayers go out to the friends and family of Mark Hasse. Such a horrible crime.

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are all Mark Hasse.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well said Greg.

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dallas Morning News is reporting, based on Craig Watkins' statement, that an arrest has been made in the case.

Full Story

Posts: 34 | Location: Hunt County, TX | Registered: November 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Martin Zakrocki:
Dallas Morning News is reporting, based on Craig Watkins' statement, that an arrest has been made in the case.

Full Story

Now the Dallas Morning Newsis reporting that no arrest has been made and that Dallas DA Watkins earlier statement that an arrest had been made was in error.

posted Hide Post
Horrible crime. Everybody be aware of your surroundings and trust your instincts. We'll all be awaiting accurate news of an arrest.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outside of a jail or prison, there is no greater concentration of violent criminals in one place than a local courthouse. Every dangerous person who ends up in prison has to reach that end by way of the location housing the prosecutor's office or within yards of it. Considering those who await their fate who are on bond and not in some type of custody, yet are about to pass through the justice system, it is not hard to recognize the potential for tragedy. To extend that potential, think about relatives/friends/associates of those nefarious people who have an interest in the outcome of the suspect's case. The risk is then escalated and magnified. And they all find themselves at or near the courts. Sadly, Mark Hasse proved-out that danger.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers with Mark's family and friends.

Posts: 84 | Location: Fairfield, Texas | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there going to be any effort to coordinate a prosecutor presence at Mr. Hasse's funeral? Brazos County will probably send a few representatives.

J Goss

Posts: 3 | Location: Bryan, Texas USA | Registered: June 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To be a prosecutor in Texas is to be part of a family
A family that fights for justice,
A family full of brothers and sisters that are not afraid to march forward
When the odds are against them and their only weapon is the heart felt belief that
Their cause, no matter how hopeless, is Just.
We do this not for fame, for most of the battles we fight are out of the public eye.
We do this not for money, for most in our profession are better compensated.
We do this because we are called to do this.
We do this because our hearts tell us we must.
When one of us wins a battle we all rejoice.
When one of our number fails we are grieve.
And when one of our family falls, dragged down by an enemy that fires and flees,
We all weep, we all pray, and we all know that the best way to honor our fallen brother’s memory is to carry on.
His loss may scare us but it will not stop us.
It won’t make us turn away from our calling.
I never met Mark but I feel his loss
And I'm comforted in my belief that with our loss
Heaven has gained an advocate, a voice that will speak for the
those that are victimized by the anger, cruelty, selfishness
And horror that we call crime
Rest In Peace Mark
May the battles fought by your family
Bring honor to your memory

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard Alpert,

Posts: 261 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I met Mark only once on a return flight from tdcaa annual. We talked for two hours. Mark said, "I finally have my dream job in Kaufman County. I can try bad guys." He hoped to do it forever. I think he put it this way, "I don't want another job." We were his family.

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Check TDCAA Announcements on the home page for details on funeral services.

Posts: 2423 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post