TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Felon in Possession
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Felon in Possession Login/Join 
posted
This feels like a stupid question but in almost 20 years I have never tried anyone that TDC actually held for their entire sentence!!! So, I have a felon in possession of a firearm going to trial. I usually just have the local parole officer come down and testify as to when he/she was released to parole/from parole. This defendant actually served THE WHOLE sentence. How do I prove up his TDC release date? It isn't listed in his Pen Pack.

Posts: 100 | Location: Nacogdoches, Texas, USA | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your best bet is probably to get an affidavit from Charley Valdez in TDCJ Classifications that shows the defendants in and out dates and times. File it as a business record ahead of time. Send me an email and I'll give you their fax number.

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post