TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Emergency Detention Chemical Dependency
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Emergency Detention Chemical Dependency Login/Join 
posted
I have a guy in a bad way who is an alcoholic and I'm interested in the Chemical Dependency proceedings to get him into treatment. Has anyone ever done this and can you help out with forms? I appreciate any help! Thanks.

Chad

Posts: 59 | Location: Anson, Texas, USA | Registered: November 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chapter 462 of the Health & Safety Code is the enabling statute.

Posts: 59 | Location: Anson, Texas, USA | Registered: November 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am going from memory, but, the last time I checked....several years ago....there were not any facilities in our area that were willing to take a dependent person on a court finding and commitment only.
They were only willing to accept patients if there was consent and a voluntary surrender by the dependent person. It has been many years since I looked, but we were unable to find resources back then.
Essentially, a court order did us no good.
You might make sure you have a facility available if you have not already done that.
Please keep us updated on what you find.

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post