TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Corporal Punishment
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corporal Punishment Login/Join 
posted
Hypotheically...

I have a case where a child received corporal punishment (two pops) at school with parent's consent from educator. Child gets home and complains of pain and parents see extensive bruising in the buttocks area. Take child to ER and police called. Investigation proceeds and case forwarded to my office.

1. Anything prevent me from presenting to grand jury for their review?
I have reviewed Penal code 9.62 and education code 22.0512. Also, have done case research. I have found nothing that would prevent me from presenting to grand jury on a legal basis. I think allowing grand jury determine if there is probable cause to believe it was excessive is appropriate.

Any advice, suggestions, or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Posts: 84 | Location: Fairfield, Texas | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
If you do, you might also alert the grand jurors to PC Sec. 22.06 (Consent as Defense to Assaultive Conduct).

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post