TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Best P.C.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best P.C. Login/Join 
posted
We have covered various topics on this forum....often humorous. It got me to thinking, what is the best PC you have ever seen for a stop?
Mine came last week when an officer saw a passenger riding on top of an SUV as it was traveling down the road. Upon stopping the vehicle, it was learned that the driver was "getting lucky" while driving and the passenger did not want to be in the vehicle while the deed was "going down" so he climbed out of the window to ride on top and the driver claimed he was so distracted by the events occuring in his lap, he did not notice the passenger had exited the SUV. Needless to say, all occupants and hangers-on were drunk.
It made for an interesting video!

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well first you start an interesting topic. Then you put what has got to be in the top three. Talk about a thread killer.

It will be interesting to watch this one.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Well, this wasn't one of my cases, but my favorite episode of Cops is where a deputy pulls over an old beat-up pick-up for a traffic violation, gets the guy out of the truck, and starts asking him questions about smoking dope, does the driver have any on him, is the driver sure he doesn't have anything in the car ... which seems an odd line of questioning, until the camera man walks around to the other side of the driver and shows that he's got a joint rolled up and stuck behind his ear! The cop could barely keep a straight face while the oblivious driver lies and lies .... talk about your "plain view"!!

Big Grin

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Dennis Foster>
posted
Yeah, I remember that one, too! I think it took place in Fort Worth!!!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, thank goodness for the stupid criminals, they keep us all in business. I had a client in Guadalupe County that was pulled over on a traffic violation. He just left the doob burning in the ashtray as the Trooper walked up.

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a DWI case actually set for trial next Tuesday with great PC. Trooper gets a call from dispatch about a drunk on Interstate 35. Trooper locates him, turns on the video camera and is following him on a straight stretch of I-35 when suddenly the guy makes a sharp right turn at 70 mph into a guardrail and totals his vehicle.

Posts: 48 | Location: Hill County | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some time after midnight several years ago, a young woman was driving the wrong way down a Fort Worth three-lane highway in her bra. I think she was also having a little trouble remaining in a single lane and maintaining her speed. During the stop, she revealed that she had removed her shirt after vomiting over herself due to excessive imbibing. The appellate court had little trouble affirming her conviction.

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This occurred before in-car video ('86/'87) or I would have copied and kept the tape.

I already had a DWI arrest in back seat headed down the road to the Galveston county north annex for the intoxilyzer when a little beater car pulls out right in front of us. The driver appeared to be lighting a "cigarette" as she cuts us off and begins weaving down the road in front of us. The drunk in the back seat says, "man, that guy's f***ing drunk". I stop the second car - she has been drinking, has a bag of pills on the center console, and when removed from the car is sittng on her still burning joint.

So go enroute with 2 to the intoxilyzer. If I remember right, they both blew and both over 0.10.

Posts: 145 | Location: Bryan/College Station | Registered: April 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trooper pulls over a guy (for the third time in recent memory) and asks him to get out of the car. Defendant says, "You wanna search me?" Trooper says, "Yes, yes I do." The hearing on the motion to suppress is this Friday. Wish me luck . . . Wink

Posts: 17 | Location: Conroe, Texas | Registered: April 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last year, tried a murder in which the defendant was caught digging a six-foot long hole and wife was in the trunk of the car. He claimed he was going to bury some money.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When the Sheriff's officers executed a search warrant, the defendant and several others were preparing a meth cook. She was wearing a very small grey tank top tee-shirt with the word, "Guilty" written across the front in Old English font.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a trooper stop a motorist at about 9 or so in the morning who was very drunk and coming home from an all nighter. He refused to blow and was placed in jail.
Fast forward to about 11am and the trooper pulls up to a stop light and sees the same guy in the same pickup in the lane next to him. This is same road , 1/2 mile or so from the previous stop. Seems a mixup at the jail got the guy released, towing company was called and came to the jail and ended up giving the guy a ride back to his vehicle.

Posts: 61 | Location: Lubbock, Texas | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reasonable susp. = guy passed out behind wheel on U.S. Hwy 87 exit ramp.

Background is that the KID is 18 and it is four in the morning and I have FOUR eye witnesses that wheel the defendant.

Trooper (very country-fied) wakes the defendant up after yelling at him for 57 seconds (you should see all the powerpoint slides I have for this trial). Kid stumbles out of the pick-up, and can barely stand much less walk. Trooper starts talking to the defendant and the defendant (while wearing shorty shorts) pees all over his shorts (front and back) and into his shoes. Trooper is cracking up and cannot talk at this point. Defendant cannot remember social, or date of birth, but when the trooper finally pours him over to his car, the kid is wearing a cowboy hat made out of a cardboard 30 pack of Keystone Light! Trooper only does HGN and the kid has a front to back sway that makes him look like he is on a roller coaster. And the defense attorney asks me today after we have sat a jury if I will give him a reckless!

Posts: 13 | Location: Lubbock, TX | Registered: August 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post